Tell us about your logo!

Why exactly are logos so important?

Logos help set the tone for your business, as they are often your brand’s first impression on potential customers. As we know, our brains can process images more quickly than text, so having a logo helps users identify and remember your brand. Think of it as your company’s ID in your customers’ minds, it’s how you stand out among your competitors. 

How did you decide on your logo? What do you like most about it? What core message or feeling did you want your logo to convey?

Tell us all about your logo in the comments below!

P.S. If you’re looking to create a business logo, check out Squarespace’s Free Logo Maker to get started. You can also learn more about logos with our Help Guide: Creating a great logo.

I have a logo that I made using Squarespaces logo maker. I don't use it all the time, and I have one that is animated, it moves like a shutter click as well. My logo is the name of my site. It is a play on words. I am a photographer, writer about  my life and view of life, faith, (never politics) and I write about the view through my motorhome window, which can be random at times.  My wife came up with the name.  my random views

logo.gif

Edited by derricksrandomviews

Great thread, Jo! Also, that's a nice logo you've got there, Derrick!

So, I have a logo that I made a few years ago. My logo is the name of my site/movement: Bench On a QUEST.

spacer.png

And here's how the "Bench On a QUEST" logo evolved:

spacer.png

The colors were inspired by the colors of the L.A. Clippers basketball club.

What do I like the most about it..? The gradient and the wings on both sides. Also, the little basketball used as the letter "O" in On.

The #BenchOnaQuest movement was inspired by a drawing of the 2012-'13 Clippers bench. That drawing was later printed on T-shirts and given to fans at a Clippers game in Staples Center, LA.

• From a random drawing "Bench On a Quest" slowly evolved into a movement. And it grows continuously with ideas, artworks and infographics every week. Within this blog a few pictures will be shared for others to see how it all started.

How did I decide on that logo? Well, I came up with the words while listening to the song "Band On The Run" by The Beatles... I thought BENCH (as in bench of reserves) On a QUEST is a great name for a movement! Feel free to read more here:

https://www.benchonaquest.com/blog/2018/2/5/how-it-all-started

Tell me what do you think about the Bench On a QUEST logo in the comments!

Edited by BenchOnaQUEST
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

This is the logo that I made for my Squarespace plugin, named Spark.

Spark is a way to boost your websites design in a few clicks. That is why I thought the "k" in Spark should stick out, to show that any website can get this improvement too.

sparkplugin.com

logo.png.46f5bbd8c8d1ee95978b8985c551e555.png

p1.thumb.png.103cd990965b733d8853f675b2af573d.png

Edited by RasmusM

- Rasmus Myhrberg, Founder of Spark Plugin

Spark Plugin – The Ultimate Design Toolkit for Squarespace

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 4/15/2021 at 3:47 AM, Spark_plugin said:

This is the logo that I made for my Squarespace plugin, named Spark.

Spark is a way to boost your websites design in a few clicks. That is why I thought the "k" in Spark should stick out, to show that any website can get this improvement too.

sparkplugin.com

logo.png.46f5bbd8c8d1ee95978b8985c551e555.png

p1.thumb.png.103cd990965b733d8853f675b2af573d.png

You should make the different preset categories clickable. That's the first thing I tried to click on and it felt strange that it didn't lead anywhere.

• 8 months later...

As a marketer copywriting is my foundation. Long Italian last names are also hard to spell, so early on I knew I needed a "brand" with a catchy domain that somewhat explains what I do. My niche is B2B business services companies so I knew I wanted a ".biz" domain. 

Early on one of my clients gave me a testimonial where she said it was like "having a writer in your pocket". 

So I went with https://www.pocketwriter.biz/

For the logo, I wanted it to be:

• Simple line work (easily swapped with color or on collateral)
  • retro styled (just because I love the quirky ness of logos from the 50s-70s)
  • needed to have my domain in the logo so people would know what to search for
  • and have some visual element that incorporated either a pocket, or writing. 

I'd worked with a graphic designers for years on collab projects, and he's phenomenal with logos. So I explained all of the above to him, and for some reason I also said "Oh and I'm really into vintage neon lights now, and love the way layered lines come together to form stuff".

Somehow he nailed everything. 

www.matchadesign.com is his website 🙂. If you reach out for a logo or anything else, tell him I sent you!

PW-Logo-Black-Profile.png

• 1 month later...

Hi @BoydEnriquez! I hired someone to create my logo and it was worth every penny. She's a graphic designer (and a really good friend) and I knew I'd get something I loved. She also created a font and color palette for me so I would know exactly how to style my brand. I have all of my logo files in all sorts of different formats (vertical vs. horizontal, and print vs. digital), which gives me lots of flexibility.

I am my company 🙂 So I wanted something super simple and approachable with a stylized mark that I could use on a standalone basis. I get a ton of compliments on it and I love it!

Kristen-Johnson-Logo-lightblue-Horiz.png

Kristen Johnson

Affordable websites for small businesses
On 6/17/2022 at 3:56 AM, BoydEnriquez said:

How do you usually make your website logo? Do you hire someone for this kind of project? I'm bit interested.

I made the logo by myself, but there are many professionals out there that can help you with a good looking logo.

You can go to Fiverr and browse makers there.

Good luck!

- Rasmus Myhrberg, Founder of Spark Plugin

Spark Plugin – The Ultimate Design Toolkit for Squarespace

• 1 month later...

Beside designing/building websites. I also create logos for clients.

A great logo MUST follow these rules:

A) Scalable (looks great and is legible the size of a postage stamp or the size of a billboard)

B) Memorable

C) Looks fantastic in both black & white as well as in color

D) Not too detailed (if there is too much detail or shading that gets lost when the logo is tiny... sometimes rendering the logo as unreadable).

Here is the logo for my creative company "OneBite Creative" that I designed.

OneBiteLogo-Circle.jpg

On 7/27/2022 at 11:35 AM, BriGuy said:

Beside designing/building websites. I also create logos for clients.

A great logo MUST follow these rules:

A) Scalable (looks great and is legible the size of a postage stamp or the size of a billboard)

B) Memorable

C) Looks fantastic in both black & white as well as in color

D) Not too detailed (if there is too much detail or shading that gets lost when the logo is tiny... sometimes rendering the logo as unreadable).

Here is the logo for my creative company "OneBite Creative" that I designed.

OneBiteLogo-Circle.jpg

Absolutely LOVE elephants and the way you incorporated it.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Sharing my logo for my graphic design business - beauty (and art) in the eye of the beholder! Graphic design is not just about making something look pretty, its about balance, delivering a message and creating something memorable (that logo that sets you apart!) - all this in a simple ident! 

find me http://www.jodienewmandesign.com/ if you'd like help with your logo! 

Main_eye_GEEEN-01.png

jn_me_eye_.jpg

Edited by jodie_newman