Welcome to the Squarespace Forum
Follow these guidelines to ensure the forum is a welcoming and helpful place for all customers.
1. Lead with kindness - This forum is a safe space for all Squarespace customers to contribute ideas and get support from the community.
2. Stay on topic - The main goal of this forum is to encourage you and provide you with content that’s educational, inspirational, and relevant. Before creating a new post, search the forum to see if the topic is already covered.
3. Soliciting for support or business - The forum is a free educational resource for Squarespace’s DIY users. Lead answers with free help first, and paid resources second.
4. Always cite your sources, and don’t plagiarize - Ask the original poster for reposting permissions, cite your sources, and when continuing a forum conversation, use the [ quote ] feature to give credit where it's due.
5. Supported languages - The Forum is currently supported in English only.
6. Bug reports & feature requests - To request a feature or report a bug, please contact Customer Support. Squarespace doesn’t track these requests and reports in the forum.
7. Follow Signature Guidelines - Add a signature to your profile to communicate a bit about yourself and your business; however please avoid unnecessary or distracting design elements.
8. Terms of participation - By participating in the forum, you agree to adhere to its Guidelines and Squarespace’s Terms of Service.
This forum is a space for you to ask each other questions, exchange best practices, get feedback, and share resources.
For help with your Squarespace account - including billing, domains, or other topics requiring personal information - contact Squarespace Customer Support.
1. Lead with kindness
The Squarespace Forum is a space for all Squarespace customers to contribute ideas and get support from the community. No conversation should include hateful messages targeted at a person or group based on their race, ethnic origin, religion, disability, age, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or Squarespace proficiency.
To keep conversations productive:
- Ask clarifying questions
- Request more information you need to provide a complete recommendation
- Focus on actions, steps, and processes
- Lead with a helpful and encouraging mindset
- Do not @ mention users who are not actively participating in the conversation
Moderators reserve the right to close posts and suspend users at any time if these guidelines aren't followed. Please help us keep the Squarespace Forum a productive and positive space by reporting any posts that violate these rules.
2. Stay on topic
The primary goal of this forum is to encourage you and provide you with content that’s educational, inspirational, and relevant. We reserve the right to remove off-topic comments or sub-conversations, edit a post’s title or content, or move a post to a more relevant category in the forum.
To keep conversations streamlined and productive:
- Search the forum for related posts before creating a new post
- Start posts in the proper category
- Don’t divert a topic by changing the subject midstream; start a new post when a different topic arises
When starting a post, provide clarity and context by including key information such as:
- A detailed description of the question or problem
- Site links
- Your site's template and version
- Desired outcomes
Any code you’ve already tried
3. Soliciting for support or business
While we hope you can find solutions and guidance through this forum, some questions or requests may be better served by using paid resources like guides or plug-ins, or maybe even hiring a designer.
For designers and other professionals (including Squarespace Circle members), keep in mind that the main Squarespace Forum is primarily an educational resource for Squarespace’s DIY customers. When responding to posts, we ask that you offer a free solution or general guidance before suggesting paid tools or services. Please mention affiliations with a service or solution that you’re suggesting.
To hire a designer or developer, visit Squarespace Marketplace. There, you can browse Squarespace’s professional community or submit a brief to be matched with an Expert based on your project needs. If you’d like to hire someone from the forum, send them a private message or email.
You can offer services and resources relevant to community members’ goals (ex: plugins), within reason.
Keep the following best practices in mind when promoting your services:
- When responding to posts, offer a solution or general guidance before offering your services
- If there are Squarespace tools/resources available to accomplish the goal, highlight them before suggesting any external paid resources
- When offering a solution you’re affiliated with, clearly state that connection
- If someone offers to pay you to implement a solution, take the conversation to private message or email
- Don’t post the same promotional message multiple times
You’re welcome to identify yourself as a professional designer or developer by linking your forum profile to your portfolio or Marketplace profile.
4. Always cite your sources, and don't plagiarize
If you reference any resources from the forum in other places, such as your own materials, ask the original poster, cite your sources, and give credit where it’s due.
Repeated complaints may result in the removal of your forum profile and/or deletion of your Squarespace account. For more information about reporting copyright violations, visit our Copyright Policy.
5. Supported languages
The Squarespace Forum is supported in English only. We may remove posts or comments written in other languages.
6. Bug reports & feature requests
Squarespace doesn’t track feature requests or bug reports in this forum. If you’re having an issue with the platform and believe it may be a bug, or if you have an idea for a feature or improvement, contact Customer Support.
7. Signature Guidelines
Adding a signature to your Squarespace Forum profile is a great way to communicate a bit about yourself and your business. However, to minimize distractions from the community discussions, we ask that all signatures follow these guidelines:
- Maximum of three (3) lines of text
- Maximum of one (1) image per profile signature
- Maximum image size of 150x150 px
- Maximum of two (2) text colors
For more information on how to add a signature or edit images and text, please see the Squarespace Forum User Guide.
8. Terms of participation
By participating in this Forum, you agree to adhere to its guidelines and Squarespace’s Terms of Service. Circle members must also adhere to the Circle program’s Terms of Participation. Failure to do so may result in post removal. Severe abuse of the forum may result in harsher penalties such as limited posting permissions or indefinite suspension from the forum. We reserve the right to enforce these guidelines at our sole discretion.