How do you like to use promotional pop-ups on your website?

Promotional pop-ups are a great way to grab someone’s attention when they visit your website. You can let potential customers know about exciting sales or the launch of a new product. Pop-ups can also be used for more ‘housekeeping’ purposes like conducting surveys or asking visitors to verify their age for any age-restricted content you might have.

On Squarespace you can tailor a variety of aspects of your pop-ups to maximize their impact. You can choose the layout, deciding between a subtle placement in the bottom right corner or going for a more dramatic, full page design. You can also customize the timing and frequency that they display. Learn more in creating a promotional pop-up.

How have you used promotional pop-ups on your website? Which settings have been the most impactful for you? Share in the comments below!

I often use the Promotional Popup to offer a lead magnet in exchange for someone joining a mailing list. For many clients, we show these when someone visits a blog post, but not on the main services pages of the site (we don't want to interrupt someone if they are looking to book a service).

christyprice.com  🇺🇸 Austin, TX US 

Get my 100+ item Client Process Checklist for $17.
📔 Flourish Journal for Creative Entrepreneurs - 365 days of prompts
🎥 Watch Circle Live: Hello Income (feat. Christy Price and Jeremy Schwartz)
🎬 Watch It's Not Hard to Say Goodbye: Crafting Client Offboarding from Circle Day 2023

i have a pop up on a motorhome resort site, which advertises a promotional stay. I have them on a water filtration company advertising new offering of  plumbing services. In both cases the pop up is great for showing something new or special offering and makes it exciting, takes advantage of the viewer four second attention span. 

Edited by derricksrandomviews
  • 1 month later...

@Jo_SQSP I'm trying to use a promotional pop-up for 'housekeeping' purposes and want the button to simply close the pop-up after the visitor has accepted terms/verified age/etc.

I've tried entering # as the address the button links to, and leaving it blank. Upon clicking the button, it opens the current page in a new tab.

Since you made this suggestion, can you please share with us how to make it work as you described?

Thanks!

8a. Side by side - Horizontal With Google Cloud (Squarespace Circle Profile).png

Rise Digital | Google Workspace Partners
We make companies more productive, with Google Workspace.
Let's connect on LinkedIn

• Jo_SQSP unpinned this topic
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 years later...

I have set up my first promotional pop up- to sign up to newsletter - super simple. However not clear where the data goes of people who signed up-  I dummy tried my own personal email and the process is all good- but I didn' t get an email alert back to my business account or similar that I had a new subscriber? 

thanks for your help.