Any way to add video to 7.1 gallery sections along with the images?

• 4 months later...

just ran into this problem  - seriously Squarespace why would you remove such an important function? we had this in 7.0, our entire website is built on this but we opted to upgrade to 7.1 for another function and now it seems our website is screwed. 

This is poor service squarespace. Can you please recommended a new website provider as I am completely over just how useless squarespace has become. 

UNIMPRESSED

• 6 months later...
  • 3 months later...
On 9/10/2021 at 9:30 AM, bpc said:

I've been a squarespace user for years. 7.1 seems like it was really badly planned, which is odd considering how much the company has grown and how much revenue they seem to have. Issues like this are making me consider switching to webflow.

Totally agree! I'm going to jump ship if I can't do a video gallery soon. 

On 7/1/2020 at 12:35 PM, Susana_SQSP said:

Hi Seekingsquarehelp,

While at the moment it isn't possible to add videos to gallery sections in Squarespace 7.1, you may want to consider adding a .gif (animated) image to the gallery section as a workaround. Check this great Squarespace help article for more details:

Using animated .gifs

Could we have an update adding video galleries again? Why did you remove it in the first place? When will it be back? Thinking about changing services.

Hi @moniebird,

While we can't guarantee that this feature will be implemented neither provide info on a timeframe for potential implementation, I am happy to suggest this as an addition to our development team on your behalf. Customer feedback is an important part of how we continue to improve our platform, so we appreciate your input! 

For any feature requests that you would like to be logged, contacting our Customer Support team would be the best approach. As per point 6 of the forum guidelines we don't track feature requests in this forum. 

Thanks!

7.1 is truly mind-boggling and I have to chime in that this feature needs attention ASAP. I've spent wayyy too much time trying to figure out what is available in different areas of the new layout.

Interestingly, you actually CAN still add Video into a Gallery, but ONLY within a Blog Post, not within a Page. Is it possible there is just an accidental omission of this feature?

I've spent the last 3 days migrating all my Blog Posts to Pages, based on advice from SS help support. Now I find out a basic feature of Galleries is not available on Pages. Please consider giving this attention.

Screen Shot 2021-09-19 at 15.01.22.jpg

Screen Shot 2021-09-19 at 15.02.13.jpg

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 1/16/2022 at 8:16 PM, tuanphan said:

SS released Video Gallery in SS 7.1. You can see when you add a section

I am not seeing a 'Video Gallery' option when adding a section in SquareSpace 7.1. I looked under the "Video" and "Gallery" tabs -- is it located somewhere else? 

In 7.1 You add  a video gallery as  a page or as a section not as a block. This new page option is in the config menu under pages/plus sign. The section option is on the list of sections just above appointments.    A video block or blocks each with one embedded video can be added into a section. It is added like any other block in a section. There is no option to add a video to a standard image gallery. 

Edited by derricksrandomviews
  • 4 weeks later...
On 9/19/2021 at 3:12 PM, buckaroni said:

7.1 is truly mind-boggling and I have to chime in that this feature needs attention ASAP. I've spent wayyy too much time trying to figure out what is available in different areas of the new layout.

Interestingly, you actually CAN still add Video into a Gallery, but ONLY within a Blog Post, not within a Page. Is it possible there is just an accidental omission of this feature?

I've spent the last 3 days migrating all my Blog Posts to Pages, based on advice from SS help support. Now I find out a basic feature of Galleries is not available on Pages. Please consider giving this attention.

Screen Shot 2021-09-19 at 15.01.22.jpg

Screen Shot 2021-09-19 at 15.02.13.jpg

I'm frustrated with this too. They added video pages---but can't control the aspect ratio and organization is a little funky for viewing the videos, you have to clunky on the thumbnail first and it takes you to another page. 

• 6 months later...
On 1/23/2022 at 10:36 AM, derricksrandomviews said:

In 7.1 You add  a video gallery as  a page or as a section not as a block. This new page option is in the config menu under pages/plus sign. The section option is on the list of sections just above appointments.    A video block or blocks each with one embedded video can be added into a section. It is added like any other block in a section. There is no option to add a video to a standard image gallery. 

Can you clarify how you add a video gallery? I only see the option to add a Video Page or add a Blank Page and choose a video layout, but no gallery options.

• 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...