My site colors have changed to all black.

Go to solution Solved by paul2009,

Just know from SS Chat: 

Hi Jamie! I see that you're experiencing some unexpected color changes on your site. Thank you so much for reaching out to report this to us. I can confirm that this is related to an issue on our end. Our Engineering team is aware of this issue, and they’re currently working towards a fix. We’re unable to offer a timeline for resolution, but I can assure you that we’re working to have this resolved as soon as possible. To track the issue, you can visit our status page: http://sqsp.link/OVpY52

Edited by JamieCA
  • Solution

Updated: Resolved 1 November 2022

This was a live incident on 31 October and 1 November 2022, affecting many sites. The Squarespace Status page shows historical information for this incident.

Engineers implemented a fix for the majority of affected sites yesterday and fixed remaining residual sites today. If your site is still affected, please contact Customer Care directly.

Posting to this forum will not help as Squarespace engineers do not monitor it for feedback (see the forum guidelines - item 6).

Edited by paul2009
Update

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

Fix looks like it has been put in place, hopefully we're almost back to normal!

Please like and upvote if my comments were helpful to you. Cheers!

Zygmunt Spray
Squarespace Website Designer
Contact me: 
https://squarefortytwo.com 

Did I help? Buy me a coffee?

🔌 Ghost Squarespace Plugins (Referral link)
📈 SEO Space (Referral link)
 SquareWebsites Plugins (Referral link)
 🔲 SQSP Themes (Referral link) 
Spark Plugin (Referral link) 

31 minutes ago, JamieCA said:

Just know from SS Chat: 

Hi Jamie! I see that you're experiencing some unexpected color changes on your site. Thank you so much for reaching out to report this to us. I can confirm that this is related to an issue on our end. Our Engineering team is aware of this issue, and they’re currently working towards a fix. We’re unable to offer a timeline for resolution, but I can assure you that we’re working to have this resolved as soon as possible. To track the issue, you can visit our status page: http://sqsp.link/OVpY52

Where is the chat button? thanks!

Just now, Ludmilla said:

Where is the chat button?

Chat is available on the support page. After answering a few basic questions, you'll see the option:

image.thumb.png.ddf25e463c19001a08dd613f07bcedc1.png

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

Seriously, this is unacceptable. A completely Black palette that is unchangeable. What is this?!?

Why is it taken so long to resolve this issue? It's been thirteen hours. I just connected the site to my Instagram shop and it's just ridiculous for people to arrive on our page with a completely black screen. You are making us look like idiots. It's infuriating.

Screenshot_20221031_222112_Chrome.jpg

It is now more than 13 hours our website is black in background. No fix works. Our subscribers are not able to read. We are not able to edit drafts before publishing new articles. I see nothing has changed since we reported the problem. Are you a global company or just working US central office hours? Totally inacceptable