My site colors have changed to all black.

Go to solution Solved by paul2009,

Hi,

I just started using Squarespace 2 months ago. I set my website from public to private for one week because I went on a vacation and didn't want my customer to wait for a week to get their order. My website is all set for the design and everything. After I got back, I set my website to public and there are changes in the background which I didn't do. The color of the background is all black and the writings can't be seen. This wasn't color I set on my background. It was white and pink background on the heading and footer. Please help. It's very hard no support from Squarespace itself and didn't find any answers. The Squarespace version is 7.1 . Is this some update issues? 

Screen Shot 2022-10-31 at 9.39.14 AM.png

On 9/8/2022 at 12:29 AM, tuanphan said:

Yes. Same problem here. We used variable CSS to set it again.

If you share link to page where you have problem & describe in detail the problem, we can give some code to temporarily fix this.

Hi @tuanphan I'm experiencing this issue too! Colour palette keeps resetting to black every time I save. Very frustrating! Here's my link: piccolo-robin-7wh6.squarespace.com

It's meant to look like the attached image

Screenshot 2022-10-31 at 16.40.36.png

They are experiencing some "display issues"

Please like and upvote if my comments were helpful to you. Cheers!

Zygmunt Spray
Squarespace Website Designer
Contact me: 
https://squarefortytwo.com 

Did I help? Buy me a coffee?

🔌 Ghost Squarespace Plugins (Referral link)
📈 SEO Space (Referral link)
 SquareWebsites Plugins (Referral link)
 🔲 SQSP Themes (Referral link) 
Spark Plugin (Referral link) 

I was JUST about to add a favicon to a site, check SEO, and FINALLY launch a site. I added the favicon and as soon as I hit SAVE, ALL CUSTOM COLORS DISAPPEARED EXCEPT BLACK. EVERYTHING IS A BLACK BG AND BLACK TEXT. 

I cannot! Re-do all of my custom colors!!! It took HOURS to get this right and this is a major issue!

I've emailed but response times are typically days, and I'm #98 in the chat queue. 

https://emeraldskincare.squarespace.com/

pw emeraldskincare

Screen Shot 2022-10-31 at 12.45.48 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-10-31 at 12.45.57 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-10-31 at 12.46.18 PM.png

All of the styles on my (clients') site have gone black. The homepage and contact pages are still displaying the original colours on the live site.

https://colchestercemetery.com/

My client has many levels of security set up on his password. I'm very confused.

Has this site been hacked?

Has this happened to anyone?

Please help.

black.jpg

Edited by sprintwebsites

Hello, I made a very small text edit on my website tonight and suddenly, when I try to load the site, everything appears black. The site title, page text, page backgrounds, buttons, and pretty much everything except for images all load as one big black mess. I wasn't even editing styles so I don't know what happened. I have tried viewing in two different browsers on the same computer. I'm curious if anyone else is also noticing the same issue and has any suggestions how to fix it?

Hi !

All of my page backgrounds have spontaneously turned black. I wanted to edit them but now I can't as it is becoming impossible to read the texts. The website itself is okay but when I want to edit, all of my page backgrounds are now black.

It seems that I'm not the only one have this problem today. Do you know what I can do ?

Thx !

Capture d’écran 2022-10-31 à 17.31.38.png