Squarespace 7.1: is there a way to duplicate portfolio collection?

Site URL: https://plums-begonia-w4s9.squarespace.com/everything

Password to view: portfolio

I am using the new squarespace 7.1 and my client wants to have on the nav bar links so people can view what work is pharma and another link to show what's not.
On squarespace 7, we could duplicate the index to the not linked folder and add a link on the top bar connecting to that index page. It was easier for me to do that.

My client wants to keep the thumbnail layout throughout these two subcategories, and I can't seem to find a way to duplicate the portfolio collection nor duplicate a page inside that collection and move to another collection. This is very frustrating to see that squarespace lost a really good tool.

Or am I missing something?

thank you

• 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 1/28/2021 at 11:20 AM, derricksrandomviews said:

Directions for portfolio pages and content, what you cannot and can do are included in this help article. 

https://support.squarespace.com/hc/en-us/articles/206543627-Duplicating-pages-and-content

@derricksrandomviews
Thank you for sharing that article. Is this portfolio duplication function on the SS development schedule? And/or has it been logged? With utmost respect to SS and its team members, this missing option is truly infuriating, and my request echos with the rest of the SS users.

I have a financial client and we are trying to use Portfolios to block out different sections of the website for their different member areas. Pushing SS to its limits here. For our sake, it makes WAY more sense to create pages within a portfolio and duplicate said portfolio (adjusting minor thematics accordingly), than to recreate the whole thing over and over again whenever they onboard a new client.

Has anyone else has found a workaround, or have another idea to achieve this? Please chime in. 🙂

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I need the ability to turn 'off' and 'on' different Portfolio projects (or Items) within a Portfolio. But that functionality does not exist. I tried this solution, but it did not work for me:  

So I thought the work-around would be to duplicate the entire Portfolio, and have that version of the Portfolio not contain the Items I want to hide and make it available to select clients via a link.

But......I cannot duplicate a Portfolio Page!! So frustrating.

Please SquareSpace....this feature request on this thread alone goes back 2 1/2 years.

I hope it will be available soon.

• 2 weeks later...