Is the Fluid Engine editor available for the individual blog post pages?

Go to solution Solved by paul2009,

My site is built on 7.1 using Fluid Engine, and I'm adding a blog, but when I create my individual blog posts (not the main blog page) the Fluid Engine editor isn't available for me to lay out the page as I'd like. I don't even get the option to "upgrade" the post pages to Fluid Engine. Am I missing something, or is Fluid Engine just not available for blog posts on 7.1? Thanks!

Screenshot 2023-01-29 at 10.17.44 AM.png

• Solution
On 1/29/2023 at 3:19 PM, KibberandCo said:

My site is built on 7.1 using Fluid Engine, and I'm adding a blog. Am I missing something, or is Fluid Engine just not available for blog posts on 7.1?

You’re not missing anything. Fluid engine is a recent addition and is not yet available within blog posts, events or products.

I imagine they are looking at ways to improve editing of blogs, but I doubt they will add Fluid Engine, at least in its current form, as it is not really suited to single-column, text based posts and does not support publisher layouts (where text wraps around images).

Edited by paul2009
typo

About me: I'm Paul, a SQSP user for over 18 yrs and a Circle Leader since 2017. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: Founder of SF.DIGITAL, providing high quality original extensions to supercharge your Squarespace website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to my own SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is completely free. You can thank me by selecting a feedback emoji below. Buying a coffee is optional.

Book paid help with domains: Connect a GoDaddy domain. Connect a Squarespace Domain. Domain assistance

On 1/29/2023 at 1:28 PM, paul2009 said:

You’re not missing anything. Fluid engine is a recent addition and is not yet available within blog posts, events or products.

Do you know if/when squarespace plans on updating blog posts to fluid engine? I'm getting very frustrated making my whole website look a certain way and then I cannot achieve that look on any blog posts. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 2/3/2023 at 1:57 PM, SarahPiano said:

Do you know if/when squarespace plans on updating blog posts to fluid engine? I'm getting very frustrated making my whole website look a certain way and then I cannot achieve that look on any blog posts. 

What look are you having trouble with? I should be able to tell you how to do it with the standard (7.0-like) design tools. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/12/2023 at 1:22 PM, derricksrandomviews said:

What look are you having trouble with? I should be able to tell you how to do it with the standard (7.0-like) design tools. 

Thanks for any help you can provide.

I can say that I have been creating a more custom layout with full screen images on blank pages and you cannot do that with the standard out of the box blog page. Fluid engine is great but missing in a few areas such as customizing blog layouts and blog pages.

• 1 month later...
57 minutes ago, derricksrandomviews said:

There is currently no word on adding FE to blog pages, but a blog page can be customized using the standard tools such as spaces to resize blocks on a page. With summary blocks and Custom CSS you can give a blog listing page a very unique look just to name a couple of things. 

Can you please provide a link to more information on how to customise blog pages using the standard tools. I want to be able to work with smaller images wrapped with text. Thanks

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 11/7/2023 at 9:11 PM, michaelpetzz said:

No FE in blog posts is so frustrating and limiting aesthetically. I feel so confined in blog posts. It has me considering switching platforms entirely. 

Nothing that can't be done with a bit of CSS magic 😉 On a serious note, if you do have a specific issue you are having with the blog post page, curious to hear about them and see if we can find a none-code solution.

-------- > 👆 <---------- Please quote or @ me when replying, or I won't get a notification 

Melody | Squarespace Website Developer
e: melody@melodylee.tech

💻 💁‍♀️ 1-2-1 Squarespace Training session <- feeling stuck and want to learn?
👩‍💻 💁‍♀️ Website help <- send me your to-do list
 Did I help? I like coffee (Thank you)
🧰 See the tools I use (contain affiliate links)

• 2 months later...
On 11/7/2023 at 4:11 PM, michaelpetzz said:

No FE in blog posts is so frustrating and limiting aesthetically. I feel so confined in blog posts. It has me considering switching platforms entirely. 

Same here! This is just ridiculous!

One of the downsides of SS's long standing collections types ( blog, events, and etc. ) is that they are basically stuck in the implementation of several versions past. The Blog Page ( collection ) is basically the version from v7.0 with a minimal page-section wrapper around it to make it fit into the v7.1 framework. Blog Page posts are not section aware as we now think of them for regular pages.

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as the best ( solution ), and see my profile. Thanks for your support! I am a Squarespace ( and other technological things ) consultant open for new projects.