Adding First Name & Last Name Fields to Promotional Popup

Go to solution Solved by Susana_SQSP,

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 4/17/2020 at 1:59 PM, featherandfrond said:

Brandi, I really like your site.  Which squarespace template are you using?

Featherandfrond, you can enter her URL at this pretty cool site and it will tell you. I believe her beautiful and awesome site is from the Brine family and looks (from what I can tell) the actual Brine template.

• 5 weeks later...

Squarespace needs to be notified at Customer Support by a bunch of us, it seems (one the Squarespace Admins in this thread instructed us to go to:  https://support.squarespace.com/hc/en-us/requests/new?_ga=2.77568659.787890910.1594317810-1789806965.1575485542#choose-topic

Maybe if everyone does it, they'll fix it! This issue is a big one so that we can collect names and personalize the experience via emails. 

• 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hey, everyone! My sincere apologies on not following up until now. I hadn't gotten any notifications that folks had replied. In response to some of the Qs I've seen here:

1. I decided to use Leadpages for my promo pop-ups. They even allow for exit intent pop-ups, which Squarespace also (bafflingly) doesn't do, either. I chose them for a lot of other reasons, too, but happy to answer more questions about them if folks have them.
  2. I actually don't know what native template it is (or isn't) built on, but I purchased a build-it-yourself template from Big Cat Creative, so that's why it looks so incredible and beyond what you typically see in native templates.

I love both Leadpages and Big Cat so much I became affiliate partners of both of them. So, those links are affiliate links. Use them at your own discretion; I'm not here to sell you. But, again, happy to answer questions AND truly back them both so much that I'd want anyone to know about them. They've both been incredible solutions for my business. (I get site compliments constantly AND my lead pages convert massively—my primary one converts to the tune of 49%). So...please do check them out!

• 2 months later...
18 hours ago, Rama said:

Hey Brandi, so if I understood well you use both Squarespace and Leadpages for your business? Why don´t you just use Leadpages only? Thank you!

Hey, @Rama. Great question. As far as I'm concerned, Leadpages is a lead generation tool, with functionality only for lead/landing pages, pop-ups, etc. Can you use it for your whole website? Sure. But Squarespace is a full-blown CMS, where you can blog, do e-commerce, and all of the other features that come with a CMS, like WordPress or the like. Hope that helps!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm so shocked squarespace still haven't made the feature available to easily add first and last name to a popup for collection. I've found it available to do within a page but not for a popup. 

Why is this?

Surely quite a lot more customers than just here would like this feature?

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...