Squarespace site is an HTML and won't allow indexing of webpages on Google Search Console. How do I change it to HTTPS?

I am trying to index my client's website on Google Search Console so it shows up on google, but the pages won't index. It keeps coming up as "Your Sitemap appears to be an HTML page. Please use a supported sitemap format instead." How do I change the website to HTTPS so the pages can be index on Google? 

Screenshot 2024-06-28 at 9.10.59 PM.png

Screenshot 2024-06-28 at 9.10.12 PM.png

Thank you for the support! The homepage is indexed but all the sub-pages on the website are unable to be indexed. Google Search Console says it's a 'page with redirect issue' (see image below). 

image.thumb.png.46cee7e07cc198ea629a60a0ed1eec8e.png

They redirected me to this link but I still an unsure on how to solve the issue. Your support and guidance would be much appreciated 🙂

Hi @BloomwellStudio if submitting URLs manually, make sure you are submitting the proper format for your site (https, www). Not all URLs on a GSC page indexing report need to be "fixed." Some messages are informational vs errors. 

Have SEO questions? Chances are we've written about it! Try a quick Google search to find our advice. For fast and personalized support, see our Zoom sessions.  Official Squarespace Experts since 2014 

• 5 weeks later...