Site Created with Canva but Not Loading to Domain

Go to solution Solved by paul2009,

I got sick of the technical issues of keeping a SS domain connected to an outside website - so I've created a site on SS and now I need the SS domain to connect to it.

I think I've told it to do so, but I'm not sure if I have all of the DNS settings correctly removed/fixed.

I think that Custom Record at the bottom might be for my mailerlite account? 

Can anyone help? I real

image.thumb.png.7a6cd142c5e199db0a58e5a985e33c64.png

I got sick of the technical issues of keeping a SS domain connected to an outside website - so I've created a site on SS and now I need the SS domain to connect to it.

I think I've told it to do so, but I'm not sure if I have all of the DNS settings correctly removed/fixed.

I think that Custom Record at the bottom might be for my mailerlite account? 

Can anyone help? I real

image.thumb.png.7a6cd142c5e199db0a58e5a985e33c64.png

Hello everyone!

I’m reaching out for some assistance with an issue I’m encountering while trying to connect my Canva website to Squarespace.

Despite following Canva’s instructions to add the DNS settings to my Squarespace account, I keep receiving emails from Canva indicating that the domain couldn’t be connected. Below are the settings I have used.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated, as I’ve been trying to resolve this for the past week without success.

Thank you so much!

Screenshot 2024-06-24 0531135665656.png

Screenshot 2024-06-24 053539464446464646.png

Screenshot 2024-06-24 0536341231312312.png

21 minutes ago, DeanSA said:

Despite following Canva’s instructions to add the DNS settings to my Squarespace account, I keep receiving emails from Canva indicating that the domain couldn’t be connected. Below are the settings I have used.

@DeanSA As shown in the Squarespace DNS screenshot, your records are NOT being managed on Squarespace, and this means these records are not the live ones:

image.thumb.png.7f086704ca14375ee750a61dee96d5e7.png

To use the records you have created, you must enable the Squarespace Nameservers (in Domain Nameservers - see the left of your screenshot).

Did this help? Please give feedback by clicking an icon below  ⬇️

Me: I'm Paul, a SQSP user for >18 yrs & Circle Leader since 2017. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: Founder of SF.DIGITAL. We provide high quality original extensions to supercharge your Squarespace website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to my own SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is completely free. You can thank me by selecting a feedback emoji. Buying a coffee is generous but optional.

Would you like your customers to be able to mark their favourite products in your Squarespace store?

@paul2009 after the canva template started working in my squarespace account, my work email (purchased as a bundle with Gmail & Squarespace), stopped receiving new emails. I don't know how this happened or how to fix it. I dont know if its a domain issue? At this point, I want to completely clear the Canva template and just use a squarespace one. Can you help me get my website back to a Squarespace setting? I have two templates and want to use the bottom one, although the top one is the one I purchased. How do I transfer or merge the style of the bottom one to the account of the top one? This is all so confusing! 

Screenshot 2024-06-25 at 4.07.27 PM.png

I'm having similar issue with trying to connect a Canva web site to a domain on SS. It took about 24 hours to work through and I got a message that site is live but thghome.com doesn't work directly but needs /home on end. Why? I don't want /home on end of my url. Please help.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, over a month ago I tried to launch my site without any success. I have used the AI and watched lots of videos but nothing makes since. I created the site on Canva and I have also spoken with them. Canva assure me the problem is with Squarespace. I have posted on the forum here before and haven't received any replies. I cant seem to be able to talk with anyone from Squarespace. can someone please help

11.png

12.png

• 4 weeks later...

Same issue. I purchased my domain through Google, which is now Squarespace, and so my fear is that if I connect Canva, then my Gmail will stop working...but maybe it will continue working. So far, I followed the directions and could only get 2 out of the 3 DNS to work. Now I can't even add the 3rd one after clearing it and it says invalid. 

On 6/22/2024 at 10:32 PM, StellaAshley said:

I FINALLY got Canva and SS communicating the other day. All DNS settings on Canva's side are green and say CONNECTED. But now today I see my site, www.stellaashley.com is giving the 404 message again. Please assist - nothing has changed. I even went into canva and republished the site, but nothing. 

Suggestions??

Time took care of this, good to see your site up and running fine. 

I am having a similar issue. I built a website in Canva, connected it to my squarespace, and then realized that Canva couldn't provide all of the functionality that I wanted. So I started over in Squarespace and tried to reverse-engineer all of the steps that I had taken to connect Canva. Now my site says not secure. www.ask-hillary.com

It has been well beyond 2 weeks since I made any real changes. 

Screenshot 2024-08-16 at 3.15.20 PM.png

Screenshot 2024-08-16 at 3.15.30 PM.png

Screenshot 2024-08-16 at 3.15.38 PM.png

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, DanielaMera said:

I am having the same issue need urgently to go live 

Your site appears to be live:

image.thumb.png.04f258cc9233290e565febe75a1880b3.png

Me: I'm Paul, a SQSP user for >18 yrs & Circle Leader since 2017. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: Founder of SF.DIGITAL. We provide high quality original extensions to supercharge your Squarespace website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to my own SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is completely free. You can thank me by selecting a feedback emoji. Buying a coffee is generous but optional.

Would you like your customers to be able to mark their favourite products in your Squarespace store?

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/1/2024 at 7:08 AM, delaneyjuliet said:

Hi! I am having a similar issue. I made a website using Canva and I can't seem to get it to transfer over to my Squarespace domain. I went through and removed all other DNS reports as you mentioned above and now I get this message. Not sure what I am doing wrong. I had initially set up a template with Squarespace, then removed it. Any insight would be so helpful! I am totally stuck. I am wondering if it has something to do with the built in domain? I am assuming the Not found page is because I removed all the other DNS reports? Helppppppp. @paul2009

Screenshot 2024-06-01 at 8.06.21 AM.png

Screenshot 2024-06-01 at 8.07.15 AM.png

Screenshot 2024-06-01 at 8.09.55 AM.png

I am having the same issue with adding a page to my squarespace site. I used a 7.1 template for the main site and only want to add a page from Canva (subdomain). I've attached a screenshot of the Canva status. I have also included the list of DNS records from squarespace. My question is can I connect just a page to my current site designed in Canva? 

Screenshot 2024-09-13 at 5.00.18 AM.png

Screenshot 2024-09-13 at 5.01.36 AM.png

20 hours ago, janice3470 said:

I used a 7.1 template for the main site and only want to add a page from Canva (subdomain). 

You can create a subdomain for a webpage hosted on Canva. First you must decide on the subdomain you want to use. Next add a custom DNS record for that subdomain to the DNS panel (as you've pictured above) to connect the subdomain to Canva. Canva have a guide for connecting domains and subdomains.

• 2 weeks later...
42 minutes ago, Montenique said:

I bought my domain through google and it keeps connecting and failing

Your screenshot of the Squarespace panel only shows the 'Custom records' section. Is there a Squarespace defaults section? If your website isn't on Squarespace you will want to remove the Squarespace defaults (if they exist). 

Edited by paul2009