When will Twitter links/icons (ex: Pages > Main Nav > Social Links) change to X?

I'm not aware of Squarespace being particularly quick in the past with a logo change for a social icon, I'm assuming for now it will remain as the bird, which may be a good thing... depending on your view of the rebrand from something recognisable to something generic.

Please like and upvote if my comments were helpful to you. Cheers!

Zygmunt Spray
Squarespace Website Designer
Contact me: 
https://squarefortytwo.com 
Hire me on Upwork!

🔌 Ghost Squarespace Plugins (Referral link)
📈 SEO Space (Referral link)
 SquareWebsites Plugins (Referral link)
 🔲 SQSP Themes (Referral link) 
Spark Plugin (Referral link) 
 🖼️ Gallery Lightbox Plugin (Referral link) 

Did I help? Buy me a coffee?

On 7/25/2023 at 3:59 PM, Immortal_Explorer said:

Now that twitter has rebranded to X, when will we have social links available that reflect this change?

Have you asked Squarespace directly by raising a ticket through Squarespace Customer Care.

Update October 2023: The “X” logo is now available when you add a social link beginning with “x.com”.

Edited by paul2009
2 Oct: Sqsp added icon

Me: I'm Paul, a SQSP user for >18 yrs & Circle Leader since 2017. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: Founder of SF.DIGITAL. We provide high quality original extensions to supercharge your Squarespace website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to my own SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is completely free. You can thank me by selecting a feedback emoji. Buying a coffee is generous but optional.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It is something you can change with a little code, but not ideal with a dynamic header. 

Zygmunt Spray
Contact me: 
Hire me on Upwork!

Here's some CSS code for the desktop header if anyone wants it, though the PNG will need updating for colour and the Twitter URL will need customizing:

@media only screen and (min-width:640px) { 
  .header-actions-action--social .icon--fill[href="https://twitter.com/ZygmuntSpray"] {
    svg {
      visibility:hidden;
    }    
    background-image: url('https://static1.squarespace.com/static/608c1294de99e60b4063273d/t/64da0ec779e4346629a49414/1692012231955/TwitterX+-+%23F58800+-+200px.png') !important; 
    background-size: 42% !important;
    background-repeat: no-repeat !important;  
    background-position: center center !important;
  }
}

Zygmunt Spray
Contact me: 
Hire me on Upwork!

SS has not shown an interest in keeping up with social icon display on their platform. Look at all the generic icons they apply to long established platforms like Discord and Patreon?

You can always get your feature requests in to customer service but don't hold your breath.

If you want it you'll need to code it.

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as the best ( solution ), and see my profile. Thanks for your support! I am a Squarespace ( and other technological things ) consultant open for new projects.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well looks like the folks over at Squarespace is updating this, right now when I go to put in our link to X it shows the correct logo and no more twitter bird:

image.png.288079f7500af8a71324ea482a3954d4.png

The only thing is the logo does not show up in the header anymore, its blank, if you drag your mouse there you can actually click and it goes to our X page, but no one would know it's even there:

image.png.2029f26d2f72d4ebd4d9e962f1cb846b.png

Same for everyone else?

1 hour ago, Tstyln said:

Same for everyone else?

No. I still see the bird icon everywhere.

Some thoughts. This could be rolling out now. It could be an A/B test. It could be custom code.

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as the best ( solution ), and see my profile. Thanks for your support! I am a Squarespace ( and other technological things ) consultant open for new projects.

2 hours ago, Tstyln said:

Well looks like the folks over at Squarespace is updating this, right now when I go to put in our link to X it shows the correct logo and no more twitter bird:

image.png.288079f7500af8a71324ea482a3954d4.png

The only thing is the logo does not show up in the header anymore, its blank, if you drag your mouse there you can actually click and it goes to our X page, but no one would know it's even there:

image.png.2029f26d2f72d4ebd4d9e962f1cb846b.png

Same for everyone else?

I have the same thing.... I can see the X in the editing panel, but on the site it is invisible!