Basic Author Blog Post Review Options?

Go to solution Solved by paul2009,

I am looking for a blog review option so a guest blogger can preview the blog post prior to publishing it.  I do not want the guest blogger to have any other access to the back end of the site - just the ability to preview the particular blog post(s) they are contributing to confirm it is good to publish.  Is there a way to password protect an individual blog post for preview?  Is there an option that will allow a guest blogger to only review their particular blog post(s) and not give them access to content from other guest bloggers?

NOTE: Guest bloggers have already been added to the site as basic authors so I can designate each guest blogger as the author of their particular blog post(s).  I considered password protection for a blog post, however, I am only seeing an option to password protect a blog page - not a particular post within that page.  Additionally, I considered giving access to bloggers as contributors instead of as a basic author, but doing so will give access to additional content that I do not want a guest to have on the site (i.e. access to other guest bloggers' posts and content).

• Solution
6 minutes ago, Sorgatron said:

I am looking for a blog review option so a guest blogger can preview the blog post prior to publishing it.  I do not want the guest blogger to have any other access to the back end of the site - just the ability to preview the particular blog post(s) they are contributing to confirm it is good to publish.  Is there a way to password protect an individual blog post for preview?

You cannot password protect an individual post or provide a contributor account with this level of granularity. However, there is a workaround.

1. First create a second, empty blog page and set a password on this blog. 
  2. Next, move the draft post to the new, password-protected blog and publish it there.
  3. Finally, share the blog password and the URL of the post with the author to allow them to view it.

Did this help? Please give feedback by clicking an icon below  ⬇️

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

• 1 year later...
7 hours ago, MicheleG said:

how do you move the unpublished draft from the main blog to the password protected blog page please?

See Moving collection items between pages.

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.