cant find myself on google

Hi @Shansb

It’s normal for new sites to not to appear in search results right away. Before a website can appear on search engines like Google, it needs to be “indexed” by that search engine’s bots. This process can take weeks to complete and isn't controlled by Squarespace. Check out this great Squarespace help article for more details:

Why doesn't my site appear in Google searches?

There are also some steps you can take to increase your site's visibility to search engines. To learn more, visit this other help guide here:

Increasing your site’s visibility to search engines 

For any further questions you might have about this, feel free to reach to Squarespace Customer Support.

As a note, bear in mind that SEO strategy falls outside of the scope of Squarespace support. Because search engines have complex, frequently changing technology, and everyone’s marketing needs are unique, Squarespace is unable to provide specific SEO advice to customers.

6 hours ago, Shansb said:

When i google my site name i cant seem to find myself on google.

To add to what @Susana_SQSP said, there are less than 600 words on the entire site, so it is unlikely to appear highly in search results. 

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

That means that your side is still not indexed by Google, so it doesn't appear in the Google search results yet, which is for new sides normal.

To achieve, that your side is indexed by Google or even ranks at the first 10 results, your side has to the parameters of Google, which can be reached with a better SEO Performance.

If you want to know more about that theme, let me know 🙂

best regards,

Jürgen

It looks like your domain was registered fairly recently so the domain authority will also be quite low. 

Neil Patel's blog is really good for SEO tips: 

https://neilpatel.com/blog/boost-your-domain-authority/

As is Moz's: 

https://moz.com/blog/how-do-i-improve-my-domain-authority

Hope this helps! 🙂

Hi 👋 I'm a Squarespace Expert Member, Circle Member & only Squarespace Authorised Trainer in Scotland. Check out my portfolio at Mary Philip.

Hit the little 👍 if I've helped.

On 6/1/2022 at 9:01 AM, JuergenSchmid said:

That means that your side is still not indexed by Google, so it doesn't appear in the Google search results yet, which is for new sides normal.

To achieve, that your side is indexed by Google or even ranks at the first 10 results, your side has to the parameters of Google, which can be reached with a better SEO Performance.

If you want to know more about that theme, let me know 🙂

best regards,

Jürgen

yes please! im soo new to this i have no idea!🙈

On 5/30/2022 at 4:26 PM, Susana_SQSP said:

Hi @Shansb

It’s normal for new sites to not to appear in search results right away. Before a website can appear on search engines like Google, it needs to be “indexed” by that search engine’s bots. This process can take weeks to complete and isn't controlled by Squarespace. Check out this great Squarespace help article for more details:

Why doesn't my site appear in Google searches?

There are also some steps you can take to increase your site's visibility to search engines. To learn more, visit this other help guide here:

Increasing your site’s visibility to search engines 

For any further questions you might have about this, feel free to reach to Squarespace Customer Support.

As a note, bear in mind that SEO strategy falls outside of the scope of Squarespace support. Because search engines have complex, frequently changing technology, and everyone’s marketing needs are unique, Squarespace is unable to provide specific SEO advice to customers.

thank you very much for this! i was worried i had set up my site wrong! This makes sense