Copy a section from one page to another

Go to solution Solved by Salwood,

I searched for a soln to this and tried Cust Support, but got no joy. It's a real pain in the butt. Same for moving or copying and pasting multiple bits and pieces between columns on the same page! Good luck. I'll be watching this. Oh I found a partial soln. Just duplicate the page and delete what you dont want on the new page, but that won't work for many situations.

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/11/2022 at 10:15 AM, GeoL said:

Are there any function that can copy the whole section from one page to another?

There isn't a built in function for this. As others have mentioned, you can often copy a page to inherit sections from an existing page, but this isn't always suitable. Users building lots of sites - and therefore wanting to duplicate lots of sections - may appreciate knowing about the Tools PRO plugin for the Chrome Browser that allows you to duplicate sections.

See this existing post about duplicating or saving sections:

Was this post helpful? Please give feedback by clicking an icon below  ⬇️

Me: I'm Paul, a SQSP user for >18 yrs & Circle Leader since 2017. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: Founder of SF.DIGITAL. We provide high quality original extensions to supercharge your Squarespace website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to my own SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is completely free. You can thank me by selecting a feedback emoji. Buying a coffee is generous but optional.

Would you like your customers to be able to mark their favourite products in your Squarespace store?

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
On 4/11/2022 at 10:15 AM, GeoL said:

Are there any function that can copy the whole section from one page to another?

This is coming soon! 🙂

You'll be able to choose a section from one page and reuse it on other pages of your site.

image.thumb.png.8b7e68f121759dfaecc94ff2098a3ae0.png

Me: I'm Paul, a SQSP user for >18 yrs & Circle Leader since 2017. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: Founder of SF.DIGITAL. We provide high quality original extensions to supercharge your Squarespace website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to my own SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is completely free. You can thank me by selecting a feedback emoji. Buying a coffee is generous but optional.

Would you like your customers to be able to mark their favourite products in your Squarespace store?

• 4 weeks later...

I hope this will be added soon.

Sure Ctrl+C works in some extent but if I'm creating a temp page where I design a section that will be eventually published it's really needed feature that I can clone that finished section directly to a published/live page.

Or if I could hide a certain section on a page from public, that would be ok too. But cloning sections between pages is a better solution.

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, MonicaW said:

They released it for a second, but then took it away! I saw it and tried it on Nov 30 night, but then the feature disappeared when I went back yesterday. 😞

It still beta, they will release it soon 😆

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours. 
Or send to forum message

Contact Customer Care - Learn CSS - Buy me a coffee (thank you!)

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, tiffanyleebrown said:

I hope this functionality won't be limited to 7.1 .

It is limited to v7.1. The feature is based on page sections and v7.0 does not have page sections. Page sections were introduced in v7.1.

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as the best ( solution ), and see my profile. Thanks for your support! I am a Squarespace ( and other technological things ) consultant open for new projects.

On 12/13/2022 at 12:05 AM, tiffanyleebrown said:

I hope this functionality won't be limited to 7.1 . So many people are still on 7.0  (I'm running sites on both).

With 7.0, you can use this extension to save a section.

https://www.squarewebsites.org/squarespacewebsites-tools-extension-pro

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours. 
Or send to forum message

Contact Customer Care - Learn CSS - Buy me a coffee (thank you!)

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

For my website, I searched a long time for this feature. Actually what turned out to be successful is to add a section on the footer section. OK it means this "copy-paste" section will always appear at the bottom of your pages, above the footer. But it works really fine and should answer at least 30% of your needs.

No more hassle to copy-paste. Everything updated at the same time!