Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Advanced Search

Copy a section from one page to another

I searched for a soln to this and tried Cust Support, but got no joy. It's a real pain in the butt. Same for moving or copying and pasting multiple bits and pieces between columns on the same page! Good luck. I'll be watching this. Oh I found a partial soln. Just duplicate the page and delete what you dont want on the new page, but that won't work for many situations.

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/11/2022 at 10:15 AM, GeoL said:

Are there any function that can copy the whole section from one page to another?

There isn't a built in function for this. As others have mentioned, you can often copy a page to inherit sections from an existing page, but this isn't always suitable. Users building lots of sites - and therefore wanting to duplicate lots of sections - may appreciate knowing about the Tools PRO plugin for the Chrome Browser that allows you to duplicate sections.

See this existing post about duplicating or saving sections:

Was this post helpful? Please give feedback by clicking an icon below  ⬇️

Improve your online store with our extensions.
About: Sqsp Circle Leader since 2017. I value honesty, transparency, appreciation and great design ♥.
Work: Squarespace Expert and founder of SF Digital, dedicated to improving websites by building the features Squarespace didn't include™.
Content: Links in my posts may refer to SF Digital products or may be affiliate links.

• 3 months later...

This seems like such a basic need, I'm very surprised it isn't addressed by Squarespace but foisted off on Google Chrome (not a good browser for anyone concerned about privacy for themselves, their clients, or our teetering democracy) and a third-party plugin.