Accept Gift Cards As A Payment Like Brands Do

Hello to all,

I am very frustrated to the fact that sqaurespace doesn’t allow you to sell custom gift cards and use them as payment options like in the same form as how big businesses do it. So I was wondering if it is possible to add a lot of code to my site so that I can creat a gift card and accept it as a payment option? If you want more details and examples please let me know. I hope this makes sense and I hope some designer out there can help me out, because I have been wanting this for so long!!! Thanks!😁

• Replies 8
  • Views 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, inunzi said:

I am very frustrated to the fact that sqaurespace doesn’t allow you to sell custom gift cards and use them as payment options like in the same form as how big businesses do it.

I’m not sure I understand the issue. Squarespace allows you to sell gift cards and use them as a payment option:

image.jpeg.2d08c508b57b42ea82795e8e3f837033.jpeg

Can you explain what you cannot do?

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

10 hours ago, paul2009 said:

I’m not sure I understand the issue. Squarespace allows you to sell gift cards and use them as a payment option:

image.jpeg.2d08c508b57b42ea82795e8e3f837033.jpeg

Can you explain what you cannot do?

Oh I didn’t know that. But almost a few months ago, I contacted the sqaurespace support team and asked if I was able to creat a custom gift card for my business and sell it online as E-gift card code. I forgot most of the conversation, but they said it wasn’t possible. But basically I’m saying, so like let’s say I make a gift card for my business correct? I take studio photos of it and then sell it on line. Someone purchases the E-gift card and the code gets sent to them correct? That’s already possible right? But is it possible to have a gift card be delivered to someone  and them actually be able to use the gift card online or in store? Like if you go to ae.com , and you click gift cards. There will be an option to check the balance and to buy an e gift card or a physical card. Would it be possible to have a physical card like American Eagle has it, as a payment method? I’m so sorry if this doesn’t make sense. I could add pictures for a better idea if that would help more.  👍

On 11/14/2020 at 1:22 PM, inunzi said:

Oh I didn’t know that. But almost a few months ago, I contacted the sqaurespace support team and asked if I was able to creat a custom gift card for my business and sell it online as E-gift card code. I forgot most of the conversation, but they said it wasn’t possible. But basically I’m saying, so like let’s say I make a gift card for my business correct? I take studio photos of it and then sell it on line. Someone purchases the E-gift card and the code gets sent to them correct? That’s already possible right? But is it possible to have a gift card be delivered to someone  and them actually be able to use the gift card online or in store? Like if you go to ae.com , and you click gift cards. There will be an option to check the balance and to buy an e gift card or a physical card. Would it be possible to have a physical card like American Eagle has it, as a payment method? I’m so sorry if this doesn’t make sense. I could add pictures for a better idea if that would help more.  👍

Has anyone figured this out yet? Thanks!

The gift "card" is virtual. It's actually a gift "code" rather than a card. There isn't an option for a physical card.

The purchaser can choose to receive a PDF that they can print and physically give to the intended recipient, or they can choose for the gift code to be emailed directly to the intended recipient. The code can be used to purchase goods or services, but it cannot be used towards a subscription product. 

Currently, you can use them on a Business or Commerce plan.

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

10 hours ago, paul2009 said:

The gift "card" is virtual. It's actually a gift "code" rather than a card. There isn't an option for a physical card.

The purchaser can choose to receive a PDF that they can print and physically give to the intended recipient, or they can choose for the gift code to be emailed directly to the intended recipient. The code can be used to purchase goods or services, but it cannot be used towards a subscription product. 

Currently, you can use them on a Business or Commerce plan.

Oh, but will it be possible to creat my own custom made gift card with a number and PIN number? And then when a customer purchases it, they can redeem the code and PIN number on my site for future purchases? And will it be possible to sell a “physical product” and then just sell the gift card there?  I sent photos below this message so you can see what I mean above🙂.

BFFC2619-B1CC-4973-9773-6240DDA7D4FA.png

1558A106-D1AF-46F4-AC6D-C99E20B3E16A.png

• 11 months later...