Setting shipping costs to individual post code UK( Zip Code US)

Hi All

I have just started to use square space and wanted to know, if it is possible to set delivery costs to individual post codes? I did have this p[previously done via an outsourced web company that did this on word press however I am taking the site over myself and this item is pretty important. 

For example when someone buys a product as I only ship locally, when someone lives in BL0 post code it automatically advises £3.50 delivery, whereas BL2 is 5.50?

This is pretty important for my company as if square space cant do this then may have to try Shopify for example.

Any advice really appreciated!

Regards

UPDATE MAY 2023:

When shipping within the United Kingdom, you can now configure shipping rules by region and, on Commerce Advanced plans, by postcode.

This isn't currently possible on Squarespace, either using built-in tools or third-party solutions. 

Squarespace is a US-centric service and has the capability to do this with US Zip Codes on the Advanced Commerce plan, it isn't possible for UK Postcodes. You can raise a feature request for this by opening a ticket through Customer Support to help others in the future, but this is unlikely to help you in the short term as it does take some time to see new features (years not weeks).

It may be possible for a developer to custom code a solution for a Squarespace website, but the devil will be in the details. Can you provide more information of the essential features that you need, and perhaps include a link to your previous site that you mentioned?

Edited by paul2009
New feature added May 2023

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

• 3 months later...
On 8/5/2020 at 9:46 AM, Rob_Flowers said:

Hi All

I have just started to use square space and wanted to know, if it is possible to set delivery costs to individual post codes? I did have this p[previously done via an outsourced web company that did this on word press however I am taking the site over myself and this item is pretty important. 

For example when someone buys a product as I only ship locally, when someone lives in BL0 post code it automatically advises £3.50 delivery, whereas BL2 is 5.50?

This is pretty important for my company as if square space cant do this then may have to try Shopify for example.

Any advice really appreciated!

Regards

Hi, I wondered if you had a solution for this? I am currently having the same problem

53 minutes ago, Amme said:

I wondered if you had a solution for this?

As posted above, there isn't a solution for this. It requires Squarespace themselves to add this capability to the checkout.

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

• 2 months later...

I am so disappointed and so is my client. Didn't know it applied to US and Canada only until it was too late. Already someone outside the free local shipping zone has bought a product and there's no way for them to return to pay just shipping. It makes the Squarespace eCommerce platform a poor solution for the UK. Needs automated shipping based on postcode as standard. I really hope Squarespace resolve the issue fast. https://booyavitality.co.uk We will probably have to revert to a third party like Ecwid which effects the user experience and SEO. Come on Squarespace!

• 2 weeks later...

I have a workaround that I use for my UK clients who need to charge more for shipping to Scottish Highlands & Islands (for example) - it could be used for any region. You can use Product Variants to fudge the system. You can see an example and explanation of the steps here:

https://www.square-help.com/products/va-va-voom

P.S. @Beth_King You could create a Service product in a hidden page to charge the shipping for that person who bought without the shipping charge being added. Just set the price to be whatever the shipping was, and send them the link to pay (if you want to). Service products can be used to charge for anything - shipping, surcharges, deposits, whatever.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, DavidCharles said:

I have logged a support ticket to request local/regional shipping zones for UK customers.

Sadly, UK features don't seem to be a priority. I've been requesting this for 7 years!

• 9 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi there, my names Dan from the UK. I have moved to Square space from Wix, I was told Square space was great for building my vinyl store. I have to say it was, until it came to the Shipping and none UK friendly settings. I would thought that a UK shipping option would be added to make it more user friendly. I am finding the shipping settings rather limited and  and its making workflow harder.  I would like to see auto shipping for uk added.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/21/2021 at 10:18 PM, paul2009 said:

Sadly, UK features don't seem to be a priority. I've been requesting this for 7 years!

shouldn't it be in SS best interest to apply postcode and area postage and shipping options? It's more money to SS and it retains businesses in the SS brand.