Adding an image to product description

Go to solution Solved by paul2009,

4 hours ago, Shanty said:

Is there a way to centre this. I have added the code and the image shows great in my product description however my text alignment is centre and the coded image is to the left.

Can you share link to this product? We can check easier.

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours. 
Or send to forum message

Contact Customer Care - Learn CSS - Buy me a coffee (thank you!)

• 1 month later...
On 11/26/2020 at 1:08 AM, nataliaswarz said:

Hi! I made this work, I was wondering if it's possible to locate the image below the add to cart button?

https://pomegranate-cyan-dyz8.squarespace.com/souvenir-shop/p/beck-jewels-x-htel-weekend-a-bigger-splash-choker password: hotelweekend

Thank you!

The url doesn't exist. Can you check again?

Or send to forum message

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Samantha674 said:

Hi, I would like to add multiple icons below the product description. When I add the second icon it replaces the first, I'd like them to show side by side. For some products I may need to add up to 4 icons.

Link: https://www.cultivatemarkets.com/shop/swedish-dish-towel-set-of-two

Password: test

I appreciate any help!!

Product-Mockup.thumb.jpg.48aa7e078e501bb83e803e3c8b86d597.jpg

Add 3 icons in Additional Info (you can use Image Blocks, Markdown Block or Code Block), then share url again. We will give the JavaScript code to move them under materials/specs/care

Or send to forum message

On 12/16/2020 at 3:59 AM, Samantha674 said:

Here is the url with the icons added to the additional info section.

Password: test

Hi.

You want to use 3 icons on a product or all products? I can give simpler solution

Or send to forum message

16 hours ago, tuanphan said:

Hi.

You want to use 3 icons on a product or all products? I can give simpler solution

I would like to use up to 3 icons for each product. Each product will display a different combination of icons. For example: Product A displays icons for 'organic' and 'toxic-free', Product B displays icons for 'organic' and 'recyclable', and Product C displays icons for 'sustainable', 'locally made', and 'plastic-free'.

The solution needs to be simple for my client to implement, which is why I like the option to tag a product and have the corresponding icon appear.

I look forward to hearing your solution! 

On 12/18/2020 at 9:40 AM, Samantha674 said:

I would like to use up to 3 icons for each product. Each product will display a different combination of icons. For example: Product A displays icons for 'organic' and 'toxic-free', Product B displays icons for 'organic' and 'recyclable', and Product C displays icons for 'sustainable', 'locally made', and 'plastic-free'.

The solution needs to be simple for my client to implement, which is why I like the option to tag a product and have the corresponding icon appear.

I look forward to hearing your solution! 

Hi.

Add 3 icons in Additional Info (you can use Image Blocks, Markdown Block or Code Block), then share url again. We will give the JavaScript code to move them under materials/specs/care

Just 1 code, it will work with all products that additional contain images block / markdown or Code Block.

test is incorrect password. 

Or send to forum message

On 12/19/2020 at 3:53 AM, tuanphan said:

Hi.

Just 1 code, it will work with all products that additional contain images block / markdown or Code Block.

test is incorrect password. 

I've decided to move forward with a different solution. I would like to have the option to include more under the additional info without it moving up into the product description area. Thanks for your help!

• 4 months later...
  • 10 months later...
6 hours ago, JulienChroma said:

What would be the CSS code to have an image appearing under the add to cart button. on the product page? This image will be the same on all product pages on the site.

Please post the URL for a store page on your site where we can see your issue. In addition can you provide us with the URL for the image you want to use or a page where the image located?

If your site is not public please set up a site-wide password, if you've not already done so.

Post the password here.

Adding a site-wide password does not allow anyone to alter your site. It only allows those with the password to see your site. Please read the documentation at the link provided to understand how it works.

Please read the documentation at the link provided on how to share a link to your site to understand how it works. A link to the backend of the your site won’t work for us, i.e. a url that contains /config/.

We can then take a look at your issue.

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as the best ( solution ), and see my profile. Thanks for your support! I am a Squarespace ( and other technological things ) consultant open for new projects.

• 4 months later...
On 2/17/2020 at 2:08 AM, paul2009 said:

From what you've said, I imagine you want to add one of three images, depending on whether the product is "Our Design", "Their Design" or "Designed Together"? If that's the case you can use some Custom CSS to insert the image when the product has been tagged accordingly.

As an example, add the following to Custom CSS:

.tag-our-design .ProductItem-details-excerpt:after {
  display: block;
  content: "";
  height: 70px;
  margin-top: 34px;
  background: url('https://images.squarespace-cdn.com/content/v1/5ccddebe01232c130192285b/1579074857871-U5MIZU7NR3Z59UDYL28X/ke17ZwdGBToddI8pDm48kJ6-92ZYMJyrVVmd-zdJkg8UqsxRUqqbr1mOJYKfIPR7LoDQ9mXPOjoJoqy81S2I8N_N4V1vUb5AoIIIbLZhVYy7Mythp_T-mtop-vrsUOmeInPi9iDjx9w8K4ZfjXt2dqkcHALc6hkUyAp1LlIHCDsU9ryXIIWQqlJZ-pEUzNdZCjLISwBs8eEdxAxTptZAUg/transparency-our-design.png?format=1000w');
  background-size: contain;
  background-repeat: no-repeat;
}

Then add a tag called "our-design" to one of the products. The image should then appear just below the product description, like this:

1005990346_Screenshot2020-02-16at15_34_55.thumb.png.b4e9d09f8cbd18ba7c373a706e260aeb.png

You can repeat this for the other two 'icons', changing the url of the image and the name of the tag.

I hope this helps.

-Paul

I know the question above might be old. But on base of the code above, is it possible/how to add clickthrough link to the image added in the product description? Thank you very much in advance.

Edited by podcamper
On 9/4/2022 at 12:05 PM, podcamper said:

I know the question above might be old. But on base of the code above, is it possible/how to add clickthrough link to the image added in the product description? Thank you very much in advance.

Yes. Possible. Same image for all products or some specific product or different for each product?

Or send to forum message

• 10 months later...
On 2/16/2020 at 10:38 AM, paul2009 said:

From what you've said, I imagine you want to add one of three images, depending on whether the product is "Our Design", "Their Design" or "Designed Together"? If that's the case you can use some Custom CSS to insert the image when the product has been tagged accordingly.

As an example, add the following to Custom CSS:

.tag-our-design .ProductItem-details-excerpt:after {
  display: block;
  content: "";
  height: 70px;
  margin-top: 34px;
  background: url('https://images.squarespace-cdn.com/content/v1/5ccddebe01232c130192285b/1579074857871-U5MIZU7NR3Z59UDYL28X/ke17ZwdGBToddI8pDm48kJ6-92ZYMJyrVVmd-zdJkg8UqsxRUqqbr1mOJYKfIPR7LoDQ9mXPOjoJoqy81S2I8N_N4V1vUb5AoIIIbLZhVYy7Mythp_T-mtop-vrsUOmeInPi9iDjx9w8K4ZfjXt2dqkcHALc6hkUyAp1LlIHCDsU9ryXIIWQqlJZ-pEUzNdZCjLISwBs8eEdxAxTptZAUg/transparency-our-design.png?format=1000w');
  background-size: contain;
  background-repeat: no-repeat;
}

Then add a tag called "our-design" to one of the products. The image should then appear just below the product description, like this:

1005990346_Screenshot2020-02-16at15_34_55.thumb.png.b4e9d09f8cbd18ba7c373a706e260aeb.png

You can repeat this for the other two 'icons', changing the url of the image and the name of the tag.

I hope this helps.

-Paul

Hi Paul, are you familiar with how to center the images under the description? I'm seeing that on larger (wider) screens the image floats to the left side of the block. I'd like to center mine directly under the product description. 

On 7/8/2023 at 1:36 AM, jonhambacker said:

Hi Paul, are you familiar with how to center the images under the description? I'm seeing that on larger (wider) screens the image floats to the left side of the block. I'd like to center mine directly under the product description. 

It looks fine to me

image.thumb.png.3f8b1d84d3f4863de654eda6434ab7a2.png

Or send to forum message