Can't get "Edit Site Header" button to do anything

I can't get the "Edit Site Header" button to do anything anymore.

I've created a new website. I'm trying to make the header transparent, but when I click "Edit Site Header" nothing happens. No pop-up appears and I don't have access to a menu of "Global/Desktop/Mobile" site settings.

I tried logging into other Squarespace websites I'm an admin on, and I'm getting the same problem. Furthermore, I've tried with a different browser, logging into and out of my different Squarespace accounts.

I've tried in Chrome (regular and incognito mode, without any extensions installed) and Edge.

I don't have any custom CSS in this new website, nor in some of the other ones. I never had this problem before. Is there something I'm missing?

The Site Settings just don't appear, in any browser, in any user account, on any website I run. Anyone got any ideas?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
13 hours ago, BureauSF said:

Same issue here! @tuanphan, once going into EDIT SITE HEADER, I am able to see EDIT DESIGN, but the usual sections (Site title & logo / Elements / Style) are missing.

Maybe a temporary bug?

Squarespace.jpg

With Site Title/Logo >> You can click on Title/Logo, an option will appear, you can click it to edit

Similar with Button, Social Icons

image.png.e89612c6fa50cc755036ba0e1cff2d0e.png

image.png.eb9674a5c2d0aba9356ba2465caea2fd.png

image.png.dc896588c1fd07a62576d58d7cef8be9.png

image.png.930bad4359a09b9fb8737d532fe10ea4.png

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours. 
Or send to forum message

Contact Customer Care - Learn CSS - Buy me a coffee (thank you!)

@tuanphan it's so strange, all the Edit Site Header elements have disappeared for me - e.g. when I edit Site Title & Logo, I no longer see the Add Elements option (Button, Social Links, Cart etc) you shared above. The opt up window only shows Content, allowing me to change the logo file (or view Pages when in Edit Navigation)

Will ping Squarespace Circle support team with an email ...

25 minutes ago, BureauSF said:

e.g. when I edit Site Title & Logo, I no longer see the Add Elements option (Button, Social Links, Cart etc) you shared above.

For Add Elements, you should find it after clicking "Edit Site Header", do you see something like the screenshot below?

image.thumb.png.a19c0c99053b1b3597522529c067ba41.png

-------- > 👆 <---------- Please quote or @ me when replying, or I won't get a notification 

Melody | Squarespace Website Developer
e: melody@melodylee.tech

💻 💁‍♀️ 1-2-1 Squarespace Training session <- feeling stuck and want to learn?
👩‍💻 💁‍♀️ Customisation help <- send me your design
 Did I help? I like coffee (Thank you)

2 minutes ago, BureauSF said:

But what I still miss are the global header settings as initially reported by @Art_Canada + @Jarmo2127

Which specific setting are you trying to locate? They are all there, but they have been moved around!

Maybe the Squarespace article on Building a site header would help.

-------- > 👆 <---------- Please quote or @ me when replying, or I won't get a notification 

Melody | Squarespace Website Developer
e: melody@melodylee.tech

💻 💁‍♀️ 1-2-1 Squarespace Training session <- feeling stuck and want to learn?
👩‍💻 💁‍♀️ Customisation help <- send me your design
 Did I help? I like coffee (Thank you)

• 1 month later...
12 minutes ago, lindsey.reynolds said:

I am not getting the option to add header elements either.

@lindsey.reynolds When you click EDIT SITE HEADER, you should see two buttons appear below it, as @melody495 shared above. Do you see them?

image.png.cfc4b2fc4690488da54b629ddbabe838.png

There isn't a platform-wide issue at the moment so, if you're not seeing these buttons, you may want to do some basic troubleshooting to see if the issue is with your browser, or is specific to your site.

For example:

To check if this is a browser issue, try editing the site with the Chrome browser. Does this help? If you're already using the Chrome browser, check you are using the latest version

To check if this is an issue with your website, you may want to remove any custom code you are using (save it somewhere safe!) in case it is interfering.

If you experience the issue after following these steps, I encourage you to contact Squarespace Customer Care directly for help. If you experience any difficulties contacting them, please follow the steps in my guide, how to contact Squarespace.

Did this help? Please give feedback by clicking an icon below  ⬇️

About me: I'm Paul. A SQSP User for 18 yrs, I joined Circle when it launched in 2016 and have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: Founder of SF.DIGITAL, providing expertise and extensions to supercharge your Squarespace website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to my own SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee fuels my work.

Book paid help with a Squarespace Domain