Google Search Console won't index my blog pages

I'm experiencing some difficulties with Google Search Console not indexing my blog pages and my 404 page. I've tried request indexing but it still won't get indexed. As a side note I do have my Squarespace Blog Post settings configured to push content to Google Search Console. Could anyone help me with resolving this? 

Screenshot 2023-09-07 at 1.04.28 PM.png

Screenshot 2023-09-07 at 1.09.37 PM.png

You don't need to worry about your 404 page that's only designed to be seen on broken links, but the blogs are a problem, have you got a site map loaded? Have you tried manually testing the URL and requesting indexing on GSC?

Please like and upvote if my comments were helpful to you. Cheers!

Zygmunt Spray
Squarespace Website Designer
Contact me: 
https://squarefortytwo.com 
Hire me on Upwork!

🔌 Ghost Squarespace Plugins (Referral link)
📈 SEO Space (Referral link)
 SquareWebsites Plugins (Referral link)
 🔲 SQSP Themes (Referral link) 
Spark Plugin (Referral link) 

Did I help? Buy me a coffee?

Does it show any errors when you click on TEST LIVE URL?

Sometimes you just have to keep requesting, Google only indexes content it "thinks" is valuable, so you have to convince the algorythm that your content is valuable, getting traffic is good, but initially you will need to drive that via backlinks. It's a bit of a catch-22, as you want to be indexed to get traffic.

Please like and upvote if my comments were helpful to you. Cheers!

Zygmunt Spray
Squarespace Website Designer
Contact me: 
https://squarefortytwo.com 
Hire me on Upwork!

🔌 Ghost Squarespace Plugins (Referral link)
📈 SEO Space (Referral link)
 SquareWebsites Plugins (Referral link)
 🔲 SQSP Themes (Referral link) 
Spark Plugin (Referral link) 

Did I help? Buy me a coffee?

Hi @jspano320,

It's tricky to know without looking deeper into your site. Feel free to send me a couple of URLs, and I'll take a look.

In short, when users aren't getting indexed, it's usually down to:

• Backlinks (links from other sites) - without any backlinks, or high-quality backlinks, Google has a lower chance of paying attention to you and ranking you.
  • Quality - Google makes money from ranking high-quality content that users come back to see/view other content. Is your content better quality than what is on page 1 for your target keywords?
  • Internal links - links between pages makes it easier for Google to go through your site and index it
  • Age - Google will be slower to index new sites
  • Technical errors - sometimes you may have something technically wrong on your site which prevents indexing - make sure you're following SEO best practices to rank

I also have a YT video on this topic which will help:

Henry Purchase

Founder of SEOSpace - the SEO plugin for Squarespace.

Get a Free Squarespace SEO Audit: https://www.seospace.co.uk/squarespace-seo-audit-score

image.png.f2cf8f5bd8cb76803cb561be0b303142.png

Hi @jspano320. I think everyone here is confused. The post title says "GSC won't index blog pages" and the screenshot shows "/blog" URLs, but that URL does not exist on the current site. The blogs exist on "/home-remodeling-long-island-blog" and those pages are indexed. 

The site was likely redesigned, you'll want to redirect old URLs such as /bathroom-remodeling-long-island to /long-island-bathroom-remodeling.

Note to other forum readers: It is not necessary to use location in URLs for local SEO purposes. And regarding the "age" comment, generally a new site on a new domain can be indexed within a day when it is high-quality. It is lower quality sites and content that experience trouble with indexing.

Have SEO questions? Chances are we've written about it! Try a quick Google search to find our advice. Or for personalized support, see our consulting and training sessions.  Official Squarespace Experts since 2014