Linking a site logo in the header link to an external website?

Go to solution Solved by paul2009,

Hello! Grateful for any help. I've recently connected my SquareSpace blog to a Podia site. I'm trying to make the two sites work together as seamlessly as possible and I would like to make the logo in my SquareSpace site header link to the homepage which is on Podia. I tried the ideas on this archived conversation but they didn't work for me: 

17 minutes ago, kimkim said:

I would like to make the logo in my SquareSpace site header link to the homepage which is on Podia. I tried the ideas on this archived conversation but they didn't work for me

That thread has been archived because it is out of date. If you’re using Squarespace version 7.1, please take a look at my recent post here:

Me: I'm Paul, a SQSP user for >18 yrs & Circle Leader since 2017. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: Founder of SF.DIGITAL. We provide high quality original extensions to supercharge your Squarespace website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to my own SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is completely free. You can thank me by selecting a feedback emoji. Buying a coffee is generous but optional.

Would you like your customers to be able to mark their favourite products in your Squarespace store?

11 hours ago, paul2009 said:

That thread has been archived because it is out of date. If you’re using Squarespace version 7.1, please take a look at my recent post here:

Thank you, I wasn't able to find any other threads on this topic. I am using 7.1 which I am not seeing mentioned in this more recent thread you shared? I tried the two codes I saw you shared there and neither worked. I'm trying to link to an external site, so maybe I am making a mistake with how I am typing it? Here is how I tried entering the second code with the external link I would like my logo to link to:

<script>
  /* Desktop branding - redirect to another URL */
  document.querySelector('a.Header-branding').setAttribute('href', 'https://www.tarotandmeditations.com/');
   /* Mobile branding - redirect to another URL */
  document.querySelector('a.Mobile-bar-branding').setAttribute('href', 'https://www.tarotandmeditations.com/');  
</script>

• Solution
1 hour ago, kimkim said:

I am using 7.1 which I am not seeing mentioned in this more recent thread you shared?

I have added a 7.1 version to that post. Please take another look.

Me: I'm Paul, a SQSP user for >18 yrs & Circle Leader since 2017. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: Founder of SF.DIGITAL. We provide high quality original extensions to supercharge your Squarespace website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to my own SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is completely free. You can thank me by selecting a feedback emoji. Buying a coffee is generous but optional.

Would you like your customers to be able to mark their favourite products in your Squarespace store?

4 hours ago, paul2009 said:

I have added a 7.1 version to that post. Please take another look.

Oh my goodness, thank you!!!! I'll paste the code that worked below here in case anyone finds this thread. Can I ask you additionally if there is a code that will make this and the other items in my navigation open in new windows?

<script>
  document.querySelector('.header-display-desktop .header-title-logo a').setAttribute('href', '/home');
  document.querySelector('.header-display-mobile .header-title-logo a').setAttribute('href', '/home');  
</script>
10 minutes ago, kimkim said:
<script>
  document.querySelector('.header-display-desktop .header-title-logo a').setAttribute('href', '/home');
  document.querySelector('.header-display-mobile .header-title-logo a').setAttribute('href', '/home');  
</script>

I answered the second question myself from an old thread, lol, put this code below in my header injection and now the navigation links are opening in new tabs.

<base target="_blank"/>

Thank you again, so so much, @paul2009 !!

Hi again @paul2009, I just realized the code you provided is not working on mobile though it works perfectly on desktop. I entered both the desktop and mobile codes just as you share them and added my url in just the same way to each. Any further suggestions appreciated. The site, again, is www.kimberlyessex.com. Thanks!

On 6/19/2023 at 2:24 AM, kimkim said:

Hi again , I just realized the code you provided is not working on mobile though it works perfectly on desktop. I entered both the desktop and mobile codes just as you share them and added my url in just the same way to each. Any further suggestions appreciated. The site, again, is www.kimberlyessex.com. Thanks!

Change this class name

.header-display-mobile .header-title-logo a

to this

.header-mobile-logo a

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours. 
Or send to forum message

Contact Customer Care - Learn CSS - Buy me a coffee (thank you!)

• 1 year later...
On 6/22/2023 at 8:48 AM, tuanphan said:

Change this class name

.header-display-mobile .header-title-logo a

to this

.header-mobile-logo a

Hello,

I followed this change but did not work on mobile for my website.

My website URL is composites.taniq.com. Password: TaniqComposites

On 7/1/2024 at 2:20 PM, KhanhLy174 said:

Hello,

I followed this change but did not work on mobile for my website.

My website URL is composites.taniq.com. Password: TaniqComposites

Use this code

<script>
  $(document).ready(function(){
  	$('.header-title a').attr('href','https://www.taniq.com/');
  });
</script>

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours. 
Or send to forum message

Contact Customer Care - Learn CSS - Buy me a coffee (thank you!)