New content not showing when visitors view website

Go to solution Solved by paul2009,

I just published a new article on muscle atrophy on my BolesBells.com page.

The blog page did not update. 

The article says published.

The new URL appears to be live, here:

https://bolesbells.com/blog/2023/6/1/muscle-retention-and-atrophy

Why isn't my blog page updating with this new post? I've checked on several different computers and it isn't there.

EDITED TO ADD: In the Blog Page edit view, I see the published blog post. It just isn't live. I don't know if this is a scheduling thing or what, but I've tried to adjust the publishing time and that doesn't make any difference. 

Edited by boles
adding new information

Author. Publisher. Producer. New York City.
BolesBells.com | BolesBooks.com | BolesBlogs.com
ScriptProfessor.com | HumanMeme.com

Update: the changes are loading within the squarespace domain, but do not reflect on my own private domain. Could I have made a change to page settings/urls which would mean they would stop updating on my private domain? 

THIS ISSUE HAS BEEN RESOLVED, I think Squarespace was just being weird!!

Hi there!

I recently noticed some problems with my website. One of the problems is that my site width (as chosen in site styles) is different on 4 of my 8 published pages. I've attached a few screenshots (one circles header elements that really show how different it looks), but you can also view it on my site.

Any help on this would be appreciated!

(As an aside, I also have not been able to update my website. I make changes that stick when editing and in the site mock-up, but do NOT stick when I just view my site. I wonder if these problems are connected?)

Thanks

Screenshot 2023-06-01 104359.png

Screenshot 2023-06-01 104337.png

Screenshot 2023-06-01 104301.png

Edited by sophiamd57
THIS ISSUE HAS BEEN RESOLVED

Hi there!

I have been making some changes in my site editor (that ARE saved IN the editor) however they are not being published. I have checked my site on Chrome and Microsoft Edge, and on desktop, mobile, tablet, and in incognito mode. Still the site remains the same. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

(I also have found another problem at the same time: my site width (as chosen in site styles) is different on 4 of my 8 published pages. I wonder if these problems are connected? Probably not, but thought I'd mention it.)

Thanks

Okay, I think this is the strangest error I've ever found in Squarespace:

I'm editing my site, but any edits I make can't be seen in an actual browser, or on any device. can, however, see the changes in the "in-Squarespace" editing window.

I've found this is true, so far, for both minor text edits and changes to custom checkout forms.

I only noticed this problem today. Maybe it'll clear up on it's own? (In the meantime, I'm losing money — I need to edit a form in order to end a promotion, and I can't.)

There's something else wrong (that might hint as to a larger problem): for the last few months, whenever I've wanted to save an edit...

1.  I click "Save" in the upper-left corner
  2. The "Save" button turns gray
  3. Nothing else happens — there's no indication it "saved"

And yet it did save — I just hit "Exit", and find the changes have been made! (I can see those changes both in the "in-Squarespace" editing window, and, before today, in an actual browser.)

All in all, it's like a giant glass dome has been placed over Squarespace; nothing that happens inside can change the outside world. (Yeah, it does feel a little Stephen-King-y.)

Anyone have any ideas?

Notes:

As a test of whether the site is (actually) updating, I've made a deliberate error on a page of my site. My last name is spelled "Hendrickson" (with only one "n" at the end); on my "Team" page, I've deliberately changed it to be spelled "Hendricksonn" (with two "n"s).

At present, the misspelling is not showing up on any real browsers. 

If you look on that page, and see my name with two "n"s, it means the problem has gone away!

Screenshot 2023-06-01 at 10.16.41 AM.png

Run a test-prep company, and a group where little kids get together to make brunch and talk philosophy. Starting a school.