When "duplicating" a post, I can't change or delete the tags

I recently discovered I could duplicate a past blog post, and then just change the content. This makes it much faster since my format for blog posts is basically the same. But once I change the content on the duplicated post, I can't seem to change the tags at the bottom while editing the post. When I hover over a tag, the "X" appears on it as if I should be able to delete it. But clicking on the "X" does nothing. The tag still remains. How do I delete the tags on this new post, so I can add the appropriate ones that actually apply to that post?

• Replies 4
  • Views 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 3/4/2023 at 10:26 PM, dbmcomber said:

I recently discovered I could duplicate a past blog post, and then just change the content. This makes it much faster since my format for blog posts is basically the same. But once I change the content on the duplicated post, I can't seem to change the tags at the bottom while editing the post. When I hover over a tag, the "X" appears on it as if I should be able to delete it. But clicking on the "X" does nothing. The tag still remains. How do I delete the tags on this new post, so I can add the appropriate ones that actually apply to that post?

You can change all this in the page settings of the post. You’ll want to check it to make sure the url is correct anyway. 

27 minutes ago, dbmcomber said:

@tuanphan no, I haven’t been able to solve this yet. Do you have any insight on this?

@sayreambrosio I’m in the settings, but it doesn’t let me delete any of the tags from the previous post I duplicated.

This might be helpful as it goes over both versions of the builder and has a specific section for blogs. 

https://support.squarespace.com/hc/en-us/articles/205814438-Categories-and-tags