Can anyone help with this? (Order pending acknowledgement by Squarespace Commerce)

I have connected my Squarespace commerce to Meta / Instagram shop. I have received orders on Instagram, however I am unable to see the customer's shipping address, unable to print shipping labels, or fulfilled orders. 

Underneath all orders, there is this message: Order pending acknowledgement by Squarespace Commerce .

I contact Squarespace they say it's an issue that Meta has to take care. I contacted Meta, they blame Squarespace. No one has been able to tell me how to solve this issue.

I appreciate if anyone can guide me. 

Screenshot 2023-02-25 at 11.13.44 PM.png

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I just got my first order through meta and this happened to me too! Glad I found this thread before spending hours trying to get support, I think I'll ask the customer to cancel the order and just organize getting it to her directly since she's a family friend. Really making me reconsider trying to sell on meta at all! 

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah on support, Meta says there should be a way to acknowledge the order on squarespace.. which makes no sense. The only thing squarespace provides is the catalog of products. All order, payment ect was on Meta end. This is beyond frustrating. 

"Customers should always be directed to your Squarespace site, and they need to make their purchases on Squarespace for their orders to appear in the orders panel. If they manage to place an order through Facebook, you won't be able to fulfill it in Squarespace, and it may display a message in Facebook that says Order pending acknowledgement from Squarespace. If this happens, contact Meta's support."

So you actually can't sell directly through IG. It has to go to your website in squarespace. WTF

Yep same reply. Only thing squarespace is doing is providing a catalog. If the whole checkout process is on instagram or fb, no reason squarespace would have anything to do with it. I've since turned off the ability to buy directly on instagram or fb. The catalog is still there, but now button is "visit website" and takes them to squarespace site for purchases. Sucks, would be nice if there was a way to actually fulfil orders you got on ig or fb.

• 1 month later...
On 5/23/2023 at 12:45 PM, AaronA said:

I've since turned off the ability to buy directly on instagram or fb. The catalog is still there, but now button is "visit website" and takes them to squarespace site for purchases. 

How did you "Turn off" Instagram Checkout?

I'm having the same issue.  Contacted the customer to ask her to cancel order, since I don't see a way to on my end.

• 1 month later...

I spent a few frustrating days with Meta Support getting two orders canceled that had been made on IG or FB (not sure which one).  Once I got those orders canceled, I emailed the customers (fortunately, I knew both of them) and apologized.  One was reordered from my website. I haven't heard from the other. I'm HOPING they got proper refunds.  

I immediately hid both the IG shop and the FB shop.  I've disconnected the catalog and now I simply post images of the product, DO NOT tag it as a product on my shop, and put the direct product link in the post on FB. For IG I send them to my linktree link in the bio. 

It's not ideal but damn... it's the only thing that actually works! 

I am seriously considering moving over to Shopify because SQS is doing such a poor job of this. 😟

Edited by Tesia
  • 5 weeks later...

Hi all, was anyone able to figure this out. I have also been stuck in this frustrating loop. Additionally, I cannot seem to figure out how to now get rid of the instagram checkout so not only can I manage orders I have gotten, I cannot figure out how to prevent additional orders from happening :(