Looking for suggestions for very basic themes (Squarespace Personal Plan)

Hey everybody, I'm a music producer & writer looking to just make a basic website for the first time where I can list some of the music projects I've been involved in. 

I'm envisioning a simple layout that's just a gallery type block of pictures displaying all of the different album artworks with a simple functionality where somebody can mouse over the photos and reveal some text about what specifically I did on those projects be it engineering, writing, producing, playing instruments. This website from another incredible producer would be the best reference.

Please let me know if anybody has any ideas or suggestions of where to look!

• Replies 3
  • Views 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, TheNicholas said:

I'm envisioning a simple layout that's just a gallery type block of pictures displaying all of the different album artworks with a simple functionality...

This website from another incredible producer would be the best reference.

The site you've referenced uses the older Avenue template on Squarespace 7.0.

This is still available but if you want to build on the newer Squarespace 7.1 platform, you can use any 7.1 template as they all have the same features. Nevins is the nearest visual equivalent to Avenue.

image.thumb.png.596e3c51ee497dc9304cda2b2210408d.png

Did this help? Please give feedback by clicking an icon below  ⬇️

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

I am  an Avenue user, my random views and I  have Nevins that I use as my 7.1 sandbox site. If I were to move to 7.1 that would most likely be the template design that I would  start out with. There are some design looks that  Nevins has that Avenue does not, such as a flull bleed site not just  full bleed index pages, also the images in  a portfolio page as compared to an Avenue index can be full bleed. In other words you have a bit more control over all the layouts in Nevins.  7.1 has a more logical location of site styles, including fonts, color paletts, font sites, layout padding, as well as other things. These changes are not enough for me to move to Nevins from Avenue due mostly to the age, amount of custom css (which will not all work with 7.1) and size of my site. Also 7.0, unlike 7.1 has custom landing pages and I use one of those which can't be easily duplicated in 7.1 (if at all)   I would take a close look at both demos and give each a try, is my advice.  If you have any questions about either template, don't hesitate to come back here and ask them

Derrick. 

Edited by derricksrandomviews