Schema structured markup issue needs to be fixed, its been too long

I’ve been using Squarespace for over 10 years and the structure markup data/schema issue has not been resolved. As designers we have no recourse when it comes to your CMS assigning un-deletable schema. The result is incorrect data, schema markup errors, duplicate data, and the wrong (logo) images being fed to google and shown to search engine users. When can we expect this problem to ever be fixed? It seems every response from Squarespace kicks the can down the road another mile “nothing we can do, will add to feature request list”, and no timeframe ever given or sign that this is a serious issue for SS. Are you guys just leading us on or what? We work hard on these sites and our clients depend on us to solve these types of issues, ergo SS makes us, the designers and your customers, look incompetent. Not a good look. 

Edited by vjtk
  • Replies 1
  • Views 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Squarespace employees don't routinely monitor this forum for feedback (see the guidelines - item 6). To ask Squarespace a question or make a feature request, please contact Squarespace Customer Care using a support ticket.

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.