How can I sell tickets on Squarespace?

Go to solution Solved by paul2009,

Site URL: https://www.unit-12.org/shop

As part of my newest work, I'm supposed to get my CIC's website to sell tickets for a special quiz night event.

My working knowledge of Squarespace is a bit rusty but I imagine this would involve create a sort of template for a PDF ticket, automatically written with the customers information like their name, email address, receipt info, transaction ID, etc.

Is that possible here or is there another solution for selling tickets here?

Thanks.

• 6 months later...
  • Replies 7
  • Views 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We are wanting to sell tickets and sponsorship opportunities to an event we are having. Which would be the best way to set that up? I've already created a Stripe account but unsure on which commerce option would be best. It's not really a product or a service so I'm not sure how to go about this.

• 3 months later...

Is there a way for me to limit the inventory of a digital product? I want to allow for only 20 downloads of my product (downloadable ticket) but Im not seeing a way to change the stock unless it's a physical product. Should I try service instead? Is there a way around this?

• Solution
4 hours ago, Emma333 said:

Is there a way for me to limit the inventory of a digital product? I want to allow for only 20 downloads of my product (downloadable ticket)

On Squarespace, digital download products are digital files that can be duplicated and sold without modification. For this reason, you cannot limit the inventory - the file can be duplicated an unlimited number of times.

If you want to limit inventory of a digital asset you'll need to sell it as a service product and then manually fulfil the orders.

If you are planning to sell tickets, you may want to consider using a third party ticketing service, like:

Did this help? Please give feedback by clicking an icon below  ⬇️

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

• 5 months later...

Hi, I'm wondering if anyone have a tip for a good solution (Ad-on) for selling tickets online in Squarespace? This is day pass tickets for an adventure center in Norway. It should be possible to choose day of visit but not a spesific time.

Best regards Gørill

Edited by Magiska

Hi, I'm wondering if anyone have a tip for a solution (Ad-on) for selling tickets online in Squarespace? This is day pass tickets for an adventure center in Norway. It should be possible to choose day of visit, but not a spesific time.

Best regards Gørill

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/23/2023 at 12:40 PM, paul2009 said:

On Squarespace, digital download products are digital files that can be duplicated and sold without modification. For this reason, you cannot limit the inventory - the file can be duplicated an unlimited number of times.

If you want to limit inventory of a digital asset you'll need to sell it as a service product and then manually fulfil the orders.

If you are planning to sell tickets, you may want to consider using a third party ticketing service, like:

Did this help? Please give feedback by clicking an icon below  ⬇️

Yes, you can consider Yapsody as well for best ticketing experience.