Subdomain suddenly not working anymore

Site URL: http://www.foryouth.co

Hi,

I have a website www.foryouth.co that serves Singapore and the rest of the world, au.foryouth.co and I recently set up my.foryouth.co to serve Malaysia.

au.foryouth.co is running for a few months now without any issues. Two weeks ago I set up my.foryouth.co and the subdomain connected perfectly to the DNS records I set up in Go Daddy.

As of yesterday, suddenly the connection was removed. When I went to settings-->domain, I didn't see it anymore. Trying to reconnect gives met the error: 

Domain does not exist

This domain is not in our system.

Sometimes, it does allow me to try and set it up again, but it fails connecting to the first CNAME (the one with the long code).

Does anyone have an idea what is going on? Especially since it was working before?

Of course, Squarespace does not have any weekend support. Like why would they. Websites do not go down during weekends, but hopefully someone here can help me out!

This happened to a site I'm managing as well without any prior warning and indication.  Our payments portal went down and had a considerable impact on our operations for the period it was down. 

This does not seem to be an isolated incident given the number of responses in this thread. 

Can someone from Squarespace comment on this please and let us know what happened if there's anything we can on the developer's side to mitigate future outages?

It has been solved on our end. I was in contact with Squarespace customer service for a few days. They told me it wasn't anything I could have prevented... And that's a bit concerning!

I hope the problem gets solved for other people soon!

• 3 months later...

I am having the same issue as described by others. My website has been on squarespace for at least 10 years.

I have a domain that's through a third party and its never been an issue. Suddenly 3 days ago my site would not load and I am getting an error message saying  "DNS error", when looking up the domain panel every column says "record not found".

I sent an email to Squarespace Sunday and another one today and attached screen shots and have heard nothing back. I attempted to chat with someone via live chat which has worked in the past and every time I put my information in I was "disconnected". Im super frustrated and disappointed. Square space used to have great customer service and Im finding it to be impossible to get any support. In the meantime my site has been down for 3 days already. 

Square space please help!

Have you compared your DNS records to the ones SS recommends?

https://support.squarespace.com/hc/en-us/articles/360035485391-DNS-Records-for-connecting-third-party-domains

Several years back I seem to recall SS recommending some changes to the way the DNS records need to be set up for third-party hosted domains.

If you never did that perhaps you've been caught out by an end of life situation.

Let us know how it goes.

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as the best ( solution ), and see my profile. Thanks for your support! I am a Squarespace ( and other technological things ) consultant open for new projects.