Jump to content

How to add section blocks beneath blog post?

Recommended Posts

Site URL: https://www.dssinc.com/blog

Greetings community!

Squarespace 7.0 (https://www.dssinc.com/blog)

Blog page template does not allow for section blocks to be inserted beneath the blog posts, can only add content above the posts. Is there a way to customize via Javascript, code injection or custom css whereas it's possible to rearrange the blog page so that adding content (text blocks, image blocks, code blocks, etc.) beneath the posts is possible?

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

 

Screen Shot 2022-07-28 at 12.31.09 PM.png

Edited by DSSJS
Adding image to help with explanation.
Link to comment
  • Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, DSSJS said:

Site URL: https://www.dssinc.com/blog

Greetings community!

Squarespace 7.0 (https://www.dssinc.com/blog)

Blog page template does not allow for section blocks to be inserted beneath the blog posts, can only add content above the posts. Is there a way to customize via Javascript, code injection or custom css whereas it's possible to rearrange the blog page so that adding content (text blocks, image blocks, code blocks, etc.) beneath the posts is possible?

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

 

We can not create sections on blog post, just element block.

I wonder where you mean when referring 'beneath the posts'. 

image.thumb.png.520305d2df1b1dc7361ed44d27a6f94b.png

- before the Author?

- Or right before the footer?

- Or something else? ...

BeyondSpace - Squarespace Website Developer

🖼️ Lightbox Studio (Enable Pinch/Zoom on lightbox)
🗓️ Delivery Date Picker (Squarespace Date format)
💫 Animated Buttons (Referral URL)
🥳 Sparkplugin Customisations Browsers (Browse +100 Spark plugin customisations)
🥳 Elfsight Template Browsers (Browse +1000 Elfsight widget Templates)

If you find my answer useful, let's leave a like or upvote so others with the same issue can find their solution. Thank you!

 

Link to comment

Use blog summary blocks on a blank page or in a second blog page and you can add any other content on the same page. Put your primary blog page in the unlinked section of your site and let the blog summary block page act as your blog listing page. It can be arranged like the blog page. And it exibits 30 items per block not just 20 per page as the standard blog page.  You can see one of my blog summar block  pages (inside a second blog )  in action here: 

https://myrandomviews.squarespace.com/blog/lessons

It has a blog posts items (and I can arrange them as a wall, grid, carousel) an image block and a quote block. I can add any block and if 7.1 add a section as well. 

 

Edited by derricksrandomviews
Link to comment
1 hour ago, bangank36 said:

We can not create sections on blog post, just element block.

I wonder where you mean when referring 'beneath the posts'. 

image.thumb.png.520305d2df1b1dc7361ed44d27a6f94b.png

- before the Author?

- Or right before the footer?

- Or something else? ...

I'd like to be able to place content here (between bottom of posts and footer). 

Screen Shot 2022-07-28 at 12.31.09 PM.png

Link to comment
26 minutes ago, derricksrandomviews said:

Use blog summary blocks on a blank page or in a second blog page and you can add any other content on the same page. Put your primary blog page in the unlinked section of your site and let the blog summary block page act as your blog listing page. It can be arranged like the blog page. And it exibits 30 items per block not just 20 per page as the standard blog page.  You can see one of my blog summar block  pages (inside a second blog )  in action here: 

https://myrandomviews.squarespace.com/blog/lessons

It has a blog posts items (and I can arrange them as a wall, grid, carousel) an image block and a quote block. I can add any block and if 7.1 add a section as well. 

 

Appreciate the tip. We tried this method before asking for assistance here. The only issue with that option, is that there isn't any buttons and/or links for users to click to see "older/previous" post and be able to cycle through all of our post. 

Is there a way to include that function if using the summary block method?

Link to comment

You can see just about every post I have right here on one page and at the top is a drop  down archive block seperating posts by subject. The only posts you can't see on this page are ones that have their own menu on the nav bar. They could be on the page if I wanted them there. You click on any one of the category groups titles on the page and the next  and eprevious links to a category show up as well. Click on any indivdual post and links to newer and older posts show up.  It is not perfect but works for my subscribers quite well so I have been told. Oh you can have the. Older previous buttons or links if you add them manually.

https://myrandomviews.com/blogsummary

Edited by derricksrandomviews
Link to comment

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

×
×
  • Create New...

Squarespace Webinars

Free online sessions where you’ll learn the basics and refine your Squarespace skills.

Hire a Designer

Stand out online with the help of an experienced designer or developer.