Change font size in Line Break

Hi there,

How can I change the font size in a line break on Squarespace?

When you use "Shift + Enter" you can get a smaller line spacing.

Just like this ->
"Hello, hello."

As you can see, the space between the previous sentences is smaller.

In the above example, I would like to change the font size of the second line "Hello, hello".

The issue is that if you change its size on Squarespace, the font size of the first line ("Just like this") also changes automatically.

How can I change only the font size of the second line so that the first line stays the same size?

Thanks so much.

• Replies 6
  • Views 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

18 hours ago, ramonn said:

How can I change the font size in a line break on Squarespace? When you use "Shift + Enter".

When a line break is inserted (with Shift + Enter) a line break tag <br/> is inserted and the cursor moves down a single line. Both lines form part of the same paragraph and so will always be formatted together.

This is different from a paragraph which is created by pressing Enter (without Shift). This ends the paragraph and starts a new one, placing each paragraph in paragraph <p> tags. 

This is normal and isn't specific to Squarespace.

If you want to achieve something different, you'll need to provide us with more context by providing us with a working link to the page. If the site isn't live, we'll need you to set a public site-wide password and share this with us too.

Was this post helpful? Please give feedback by clicking an icon below  ⬇️

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

56 minutes ago, ramonn said:

Maybe it would be easier if done in another way.

Perhaps, but we'll need to be able to see the page to understand the issue. As I mentioned above, please provide us with a working link to the page.

Edited by paul2009

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

On 4/27/2022 at 5:46 PM, ramonn said:

Hi again, Paul.

Please find a screenshot where it is displayed the part that needs to be addressed.

I just would like to have a smaller spacing between those two lines.

Let me know if you need further info.

Thanks.

screenshot.png

Can you share link to page?

Or which heading (1,2,3,4...) and paragraph (1,2,3) you used for text in screenshot?

and they are in same text block, image block, blog title or?

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours. 
Or send to forum message

Contact Customer Care - Learn CSS - Buy me a coffee (thank you!)