Tutoring Business Template Help

Hi,

Can you help me pick a template - I want to design one for my Tutoring business. It must be simple, attractive and modern.

It should clearly help to sell my business and if possible have a members section to sell courses or other content - future expansion....

Any questions you have to help you help me pick the right template, please ask away!

Thanks

• Replies 11
  • Views 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

54 minutes ago, Jmods said:

Can you help me pick a template

Choose a 7.1 template from the templates page. These named starting points may look different but they all use the same template and have exactly the same features. All support Member Areas (an extra cost option).  

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

• 6 months later...

Hi,

want to build a simple site for my edtech side business. I want my business info, YouTube videos and then I guess maybe images of the educational technology products I sell and prices?

should it be an e-commerce site or just a front and then contact and do the business via email etc?

im hoping to deal with schools so not really small orders etc….what you think?

can you recommended a template? One that will allow me to grow…I want to start with one and then not have to change in a week or so…

thansk!

You can get started with any templates in 7.1 version (latest version). All templates share same settings, that is, from a template, you can customize the settings so that it becomes another template.

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours. 
Or send to forum message

Contact Customer Care - Learn CSS - Buy me a coffee (thank you!)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

Im looking for a clean and simple website template: Purpose to host my business website - MUST have I think for now:
Home page

Courses - Link to external course page or not....maybe own course page and then link to external courses hosted elsewhere

Services

Contact

I have a website I know uses squarespace, is there a way to find out what template they use?

Im looking to start an edtech consulting website - services, courses, training and also selling of hardware for coding etc for schools.

I am overwhelmed by the choice of templates and they all look the same. I just want to pick a good one and use that one instead of changing half way through.

Finally - Why Squarespace? I was convinced until I found out about Wix and how so many people use it?

Thanks!

1 hour ago, Jmods said:

Hi,

Im looking for a clean and simple website template: Purpose to host my business website - MUST have I think for now:
Home page

Courses - Link to external course page or not....maybe own course page and then link to external courses hosted elsewhere

Services

Contact

I have a website I know uses squarespace, is there a way to find out what template they use?

Im looking to start an edtech consulting website - services, courses, training and also selling of hardware for coding etc for schools.

I am overwhelmed by the choice of templates and they all look the same. I just want to pick a good one and use that one instead of changing half way through.

Finally - Why Squarespace? I was convinced until I found out about Wix and how so many people use it?

Thanks!

Can you share a link to the Squarespace site you are looking at? Someone here may be able to tell by looking at the structure and/or code. I design on Squarespace and Wix. It really depends on what you are looking for. I personally have gone back and forth for my own personal website and now have my design studio and author site on Squarespace and it's what I suggest first when designing.

Do you have a edtech example site that we can look at to see what you're looking at building?

On 10/26/2022 at 11:13 AM, sayreambrosio said:

Can you share a link to the Squarespace site you are looking at? Someone here may be able to tell by looking at the structure and/or code. I design on Squarespace and Wix. It really depends on what you are looking for. I personally have gone back and forth for my own personal website and now have my design studio and author site on Squarespace and it's what I suggest first when designing.

Do you have a edtech example site that we can look at to see what you're looking at building?

Here are some:

https://www.mangologic.org/

https://www.407learning.com/

https://educontic.com/

Any ideas or suggestions?

@Jmods 

https://www.mangologic.org/ is built on Wix but I'm not sure what template.

https://www.407learning.com/ looks like a 7.1 Squarespace site. The template wouldn't matter in this case since they all have the same base and it's just different example content in the templates.

The last one looks like WordPress or self-hosted (which I'm not familiar with in the least)

On 10/25/2022 at 7:55 PM, Jmods said:

Why Squarespace? I was convinced until I found out about Wix and how so many people use it?

I design on both and have had websites on both. The platform you need is going to be based on your needs for your business. That is something you'll have to look at personally when it comes to features.

What I can tell you is that they are both good platforms in their own right when it comes to features. Wix has more integrations. Some free, some will cost ya.

Pricing WITHOUT any discounts for just the web site goes to Squarespace and their highest commerce tier is about 200/300 bucks less than Wix. WITH a discount (if you can hit it at the right time and want to deal with cancelling your plan prior to it expiring and then erupting with a discount code) is going to go to Wix. However, don't forget to turn off auto-renew and even then keep an eye on it as there have been issues with it "turning itself back on" in the past from their community.

I have my business site and personal site on Squarespace. I had to weigh the a la cart options I needed vs the ones that were included in Wix as well as my platform of choice. I'm Apple centered and while SQSP does have  partnerships with Google Workspace, they also know that there are Apple users out there and offer options like syncing with ical, et cetera. Wix is very Google centric and while they are including Apple things in their current releases of the platform, they are still extremely lacking.

When it comes to the editor experience, Squarespace wins hands down. Wix has three different builders. ADI, Editor, and Editor X. ADI is the only one you can change on their app and is kind of responsive. Editor you have to use trial and error to see what is going to get messed up in responsiveness but it's affordable. Editor X is the best on that platform but it's designed for agencies and coders and not very DIY friendly and the plans are stupid expensive.

If I was designing your site I would suggest Squarespace (and not just because we're in their forum). It's easier to manage if you aren't a designer, everything integrates nicely and their pricing is clear. I was suggest the 7.1 platform since there are no "templates" and you can use Fluid Engine which gives you more flexibility.

On 10/29/2022 at 1:42 AM, sayreambrosio said:

@Jmods 

https://www.mangologic.org/ is built on Wix but I'm not sure what template.

https://www.407learning.com/ looks like a 7.1 Squarespace site. The template wouldn't matter in this case since they all have the same base and it's just different example content in the templates.

The last one looks like WordPress or self-hosted (which I'm not familiar with in the least)

I design on both and have had websites on both. The platform you need is going to be based on your needs for your business. That is something you'll have to look at personally when it comes to features.

What I can tell you is that they are both good platforms in their own right when it comes to features. Wix has more integrations. Some free, some will cost ya.

Pricing WITHOUT any discounts for just the web site goes to Squarespace and their highest commerce tier is about 200/300 bucks less than Wix. WITH a discount (if you can hit it at the right time and want to deal with cancelling your plan prior to it expiring and then erupting with a discount code) is going to go to Wix. However, don't forget to turn off auto-renew and even then keep an eye on it as there have been issues with it "turning itself back on" in the past from their community.

I have my business site and personal site on Squarespace. I had to weigh the a la cart options I needed vs the ones that were included in Wix as well as my platform of choice. I'm Apple centered and while SQSP does have  partnerships with Google Workspace, they also know that there are Apple users out there and offer options like syncing with ical, et cetera. Wix is very Google centric and while they are including Apple things in their current releases of the platform, they are still extremely lacking.

When it comes to the editor experience, Squarespace wins hands down. Wix has three different builders. ADI, Editor, and Editor X. ADI is the only one you can change on their app and is kind of responsive. Editor you have to use trial and error to see what is going to get messed up in responsiveness but it's affordable. Editor X is the best on that platform but it's designed for agencies and coders and not very DIY friendly and the plans are stupid expensive.

If I was designing your site I would suggest Squarespace (and not just because we're in their forum). It's easier to manage if you aren't a designer, everything integrates nicely and their pricing is clear. I was suggest the 7.1 platform since there are no "templates" and you can use Fluid Engine which gives you more flexibility.

How do I select a 7.1 template so I can modify etC?

I would like to easily replicate one of those examples.

6 hours ago, Jmods said:

How do I select a 7.1 template so I can modify etC?

I would like to easily replicate one of those examples.

Have you started the site at all? If you have and it's been recently you're already on 7.1 and can use any template available. They are all the same base just with different demo content. To replicate you would just delete the content sections and create the ones that you want from your preferred website.