Subscription Customer Address Changes

Site URL: http://bitterslab.com

My client has a quarterly subscription product. She consistently has issues when a client moves and needs to update their address. They either update the address in their SS account and she has no idea so she sends the product to their old address, OR, if they happen to contact her, she has to tell them to cancel and resubscribe. We're open to all kinds of creative solutions (custom dev, additional apps, etc) short of moving to a completely new subscription platform.

Possible solutions (no idea if they're possible):

A) Enable customer to change their shipping address for a subscription product

B) Edit the customer address section in the account area so customers are forced to send an email or fill out a separate form to change their address, vs the default SS address update.

C) Create a notification when a customer updates the address in their account so my client knows to update it in her own system

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Unless Squarespace gets its act together with regards to its subscription features, it's best to move to a new subscription platform. MoonClerk, for one, will let customers update their addresses and such, as well as let you change subscription frequencies, pause subscriptions, etc. I have been using them since November 2020 for my subscription products after reading up on the limitations of using Squarespace's subscriptions features and anticipating doing so would only give me headaches.

2 hours ago, lizmariestrategy said:

My client has a subscription product. She consistently has issues when a client moves; she has to tell them to cancel and resubscribe.

We're open to all kinds of creative solutions (custom dev, additional apps, etc) short of moving to a completely new subscription platform.

I love that you're trying to find a solution but the sad fact is that there's nothing that anyone except Squarespace's own teams can do about this. To change the subscription shipping address, customers must cancel the subscription and re-subscribe using different shipping details. There is no other alternative. It cannot be improved with custom development.

I've discussed the many subscription limitations with Squarespace many times (see my old post here about commerce and subscription limitations) but subscriptions are still very basic.  

Until Squarespace add this feature, your client's options are to live with it or choose another subscription platform. As @sruss76 mentions, Moonclerk is a great option.

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

• 7 months later...

I'm in the same boat here , customers of ours are getting in touch to say they have changed the address in subscriptions to a new address but we don't see it ....ridiculous that they have to cancel the subscription and start a new one because of a basic address change. We will loose customers because of this, no doubt.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Hi. I have a couple of issues with my Squarespace website. We make dog treats and mostly send them out via the post in the UK. Well the price of postage has increased from £1.80 to £2.70 (and it's a worse service)  so I have to pass that on to our customers but to my amazement I can't if they're Subscription customers , which nearly all are.  Anyone else found this? It's crazy that I can't increase my prices for subscription orders so in theory they could pay the same for ever unless I cancel it and ask them to re-subscribe at the new higher price.

Secondly , and this is a friend of mine that buys our product , he has moved house and has found it impossible to change the shipping address , the billing address has changed to the new address but not the important shipping address...is it just him or is this how it is?  

Any help on this would be great.