Obtain order ID in new Customer Email Notification editor

I'm trying to obtain/send the "order ID" from my site's shopping orders in the new "Customer Email Notifications" editor, but so far its impossible...i require said IDs to attach them in the notification email in order to use the Squarespace API to obtain each order's data (purchase information: article, price, customer-email, etc) and store them in our database.

I used to be able to do it by simply adding a command <<{order.id}>> on the confirmation email code in the old editor:

image.png.a3bcfce6e57abc5408b2a45cfe9d7cfb.png

Is there a way to achieve this now that the editor is changing?

1 hour ago, NEODATA_Cesar said:

I'm trying to obtain/send the "order ID" from my site's shopping orders in the new "Customer Email Notifications" editor

The fields are added a little differently but it's not immediately obvious how to do this. I find it easier to add some letters where you want the field to go, then click the word and the toolbar appears. You can then select the field that you require (see below):

add-field-to-email-composer.gif.d64e9eb4cdec4b7512751eb95bdba332.gif

If this post has helped you, please click an icon below  ⬇️

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/1/2021 at 1:27 PM, paul2009 said:

add-field-to-email-composer.gif.d64e9eb4cdec4b7512751eb95bdba332.gif

If this post has helped you, please click an icon below  ⬇️

We tried (in different ways) to use this "Order Number" but it doesn't work the same way the Order ID used to.

Before, said id came like this: order.id = 6128a285c58be30cbfbd4600, instead of the Display Order, which is the one you get the way you explained above, ie: #01234.

Is there ANY way to obtain the id I refer to?

• 3 weeks later...

@NEODATA_Cesar to help me understand the use case, do you mainly want to use the `order.id = 6128a285c58be30cbfbd4600` info to programmatically access the order data to sync to your own database? Have you looked into directly using our public Orders API to achieve that?

Ex-Squarespace Engineer. 👋 circle community! 

• 5 months later...

Hi,

I am having a similar issue

In my emails I used to generate a link to my server, which included the order ID in it so that I could access the Orders API

It seems Squarespace removed that old style of template which is quite frustrating.

In this new system, is there a way to get Order ID?

Thanks,

Alex

On 4/26/2022 at 3:35 PM, adnathanail said:

In my emails I used to generate a link to my server, which included the order ID in it so that I could access the Orders API

Hi @adnathanail I believe you are referring to the email store managers (merchants) receive right? Can you elaborate on your use case of Order ID?

Ex-Squarespace Engineer. 👋 circle community!