Nested Folders? Folder within a Folder? How is this not an option in 2021??

So every other company similar to Squarespace.... including Wix, allow users to have sub folders under the main folder. This is critical for many people. Just an example

-Folder (Locations)

-Sub Folder (Alabama)

-Cites pages

-Mobile

-Atlanta

-Birmingham

Is there a simple way to do this for dropdowns, because I don't see anyway to do it and I may have to convert my page to another provider. 

You're right. You cannot add a navigation folder within a folder on Squarespace. 

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

• 5 weeks later...

This is the biggest issue... Mobile..

Work With Me 🖥️💻📱

Please remember to tag me so that I get a notification and respond to your help requests.

If my answers have helped you, please drop a like and mark my answer as best to help other users find solutions quickly.

You can also thank me or make requests by buying me a coffee . (Caffeine fuels me to take more requests)

For Squarespace Tips & Tricks, visit @squareskills (Youtube 📺 Tutorials)

For Premium and FREE plugins, visit Squareskills (Plugin Store) 🧩

Some links may be affiliate/referral links.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...

With most website hosting companies going to super scrolling (one page like) mobile driven tempate designs, the menu in a menu function is going to go by the wayside. Squarespace simply is ahead of the soon to happen  trend.  One major website company puts it this way to their clients:

Unfortunately, mega menus don't work this way. They display too many irrelevant items at once, which creates a lot of visual distractions.

I can't say I totally agree due to the fact i have a number of nav folders with drop down list of links on my own site, but like others here I will have to deal with the above concept at some point, as more and more of the traffic to my site is coming from phones as opposed to desktop and folks want to scroll and click a block or image, not a line of text. 

Edited by derricksrandomviews
  • 1 year later...