Move my site to 7.1?

Site URL: https://lilyrothrock.com

Hi, 

I'm updating my website right now. Pretty large overhaul (I'm shifting my focus of my business). 

I've been on 7.0 since 2015 and have a legacy plan that's under $100/yr. It has some serious limitations (like no more than 20 pages), and I'm increasingly hating the editing user face. I've been designing client websites in 7.1 for a year now, and I really like how streamlined the design is. I am finding that I'm wishing my website was on 7.1. 

I know a lot of people here were pretty upset when 7.1 got rolled out,  and I'm wondering what people's thoughts are now. Has anyone come around and switched their own site, and decided to pay more for that? Has it been worth it?

I'll probably start a new trial and see how much I do like it, and decide in the next few weeks if I'll actually make the switch. 

Also--my site renews in November, anyone get a refund /credit from Squarespace for this kind of move?

Thanks,

Lily

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 4
  • Views 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You get a refund if you cancel a site within two weeks of paying to activate it. That's it. So a refund might not happen if you switch before November's renewal. 

Website refund policy

Standard plans

We automatically issue a full refund when you cancel an annual website subscription within the subscription’s first 14 days. Otherwise, your website is set to auto-renew, and we follow these refund policies:

• We don't offer refunds for annual plans after 14 days following the first payment.
  • We don't offer refunds for monthly plans.
  • We don't offer refunds for renewal payments. Fifteen days before an annual subscription renews, we'll send an email letting you know you're scheduled for a payment. If you don’t want your site to renew automatically, you can disable auto-renew.
  • 7 months later...

I have the sam question about updating my site. I just re-created it in 7.1. Previous 7.0 running since 2014. I'm half way thru an annual subscription of $216 on auto-renew in June. This $108 should be transferable to the new version. How can this happen? It's not a refund. It's an update to a newer Squarespace product. I would think they'd want us to do this. Not penalizing paying clients would go a long way toward good will, reputation and updating folks faster!

33 minutes ago, lynettesophia said:

I'm half way thru an annual subscription of $216 on auto-renew in June. This $108 should be transferable to the new version. How can this happen?

Please see my previous post here:

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.