Jump to content

How to add infinite scrolling to blog page?

Recommended Posts

  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 2/27/2021 at 10:24 PM, tuanphan said:

hello @tuanphan, thanks for sharing; apart from animating the on scroll, can this plugin add an infinite scroll to the blog page? i am looking for a way to eliminate the default page navigation and instead have a single infinite page loading all the blog posts. the blog site is https://camilokoch.com/blog. thanks!

Link to comment
23 hours ago, caig said:

hello @tuanphan, thanks for sharing; apart from animating the on scroll, can this plugin add an infinite scroll to the blog page? i am looking for a way to eliminate the default page navigation and instead have a single infinite page loading all the blog posts. the blog site is https://camilokoch.com/blog. thanks!

Hi. I haven't used this plugin yet. You try contacting plugin author. He usually respond within 24 hours.

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours. 
Or send to forum message

Contact Customer Care - Learn CSS - Buy me a coffee (thank you!)

Link to comment
On 4/21/2021 at 9:40 AM, tuanphan said:

Hi. I haven't used this plugin yet. You try contacting plugin author. He usually respond within 24 hours.

hello! plugin does not accomplish the function i am currently looking for: display infinite blog posts instead of twenty post per page

Link to comment
  • 1 month later...
On 4/22/2021 at 11:43 AM, caig said:

hello! plugin does not accomplish the function i am currently looking for: display infinite blog posts instead of twenty post per page

Wanted to bump this ask and see if anyone has found a solve for this yet. Twenty posts per page limit is really limiting us as well. Would love to hear some ideas other than using Summary blocks, which only allow 30. 

Link to comment
  • 4 weeks later...
On 6/10/2021 at 9:07 PM, erinash said:

Wanted to bump this ask and see if anyone has found a solve for this yet. Twenty posts per page limit is really limiting us as well. Would love to hear some ideas other than using Summary blocks, which only allow 30. 

thanks, @erinash, you perfectly understood the need of an infinite scroll.

any idea on how to achieve this, @tuanphan?

Link to comment

It is possible, but you’ll need to use JavaScript to achieve this. You’ll want to fetch the JSON for each page and then render the content you need. Repeat this when the user scrolls past the last article or when the last article has entered the viewport. I can code up an example on Monday. 

 

https://www.nickscola.com - Squarespace developer since 2007 now a full service creative agency in Chicago that focuses on creating websites with a high standard for aesthetic excellence.

Link to comment

Hi,

This is possible with custom code.

I can program this using JavaScript but it will take me a few hours. I can be hired on Upwork for this.

Link to comment
  • 7 months later...
On 2/6/2022 at 8:07 PM, caig said:

Is it possible to increase the 20 post per page limit as shown in the screenshot?

Infinite scroll is available for blog posts in these Squarespace 7.0 template families:

  • Farro
  • Skye

In these templates on version 7.0, infinite scroll continuously loads blog posts as visitors scroll down a blog page. It will continue loading content until all of the page's content is on the page but if a visitor scrolls quickly or is on a slower connection, there may be a slight delay in load time.

There isn't an equivalent solution on Squarespace 7.1, or other version 7.0 templates. However, there's a Lazy Summaries paid plugin (available here) that can add infinite scroll to Summary Blocks on any template.

  If this post has helped, please click a 'Like' or 'Thanks' icon below  ⬇️

Edited by paul2009

About me: I'm Paul, a SQSP user for over 18 yrs and a Circle Leader since 2017. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: Founder of SF.DIGITAL, providing high quality original extensions to supercharge your Squarespace website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to my own SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is completely free. You can thank me by selecting a feedback emoji below. Buying a coffee is optional.

Book paid help with domains: Connect a GoDaddy domain. Connect a Squarespace Domain. Domain assistance

Link to comment
  • 1 year later...
On 7/4/2021 at 2:02 AM, sorca_marian said:

Hi,

This is possible with custom code.

I can program this using JavaScript but it will take me a few hours. I can be hired on Upwork for this.

can you please give me a rough quote for this?

 

Link to comment

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

×
×
  • Create New...

Squarespace Webinars

Free online sessions where you’ll learn the basics and refine your Squarespace skills.

Hire a Designer

Stand out online with the help of an experienced designer or developer.