How do you deal with partially fulfilled orders?

How do you deal with partial shipments? I have some items coming from Printful, and some items I am fulfilling myself. In this case, how do you notify the customer about partial shipments and tracking? 

Edited by marbear
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

this is a gross limitation of Squarespace. you can't even mark an order as partially fulfilled, something you're able to do in other e-commerce platforms. i really wish Squarespace will get their act together and make their Commerce plans more up to par with other e-commerce platforms. i read the other day they just raised $600 million -- wish they'd put even a small fraction of that into fixing a lot of what's lacking in the Commerce plans: manual order creation, partial fulfillment, ability to delete customer accounts ourselves, manual gift card creation, better discounting, pick-up/cash on delivery option, bundling, item-specific tax, fixing the subscription feature, and a host of other essential features that so many have been asking for here on the forums but have gone largely ignored for years despite logging feature requests.

Edited by sruss76
  • 1 year later...
  • 5 months later...

Hi all - I too would like this feature; I'm using Printful as my print-on-demand (POD), and they seem to typically ship products in multiple orders. When the first shipment is fulfilled on their side, it is marking the order on Squarespace as fulfilled entirely. The auto-email generated by Squarespace is unclear for the customer, indicating the entire order shipped. When a customer reviews the Printful-provided tracking number they can see it's only partial. 

I suspect this will be pretty manual for me when I start adding my own, non-Printful products as well. Hoping this is something that is added in the near future!

• 3 months later...

Relatively new to Squarespace -- I came to this thread hoping to find an answer to the question of partial shipments for orders.  REALLY disappointed to see this has been an ongoing question since.... 2020?!?!  Seriously??  This is such an essential and truly basic piece of the shipping needs of so many small businesses... I'm shocked it doesn't exist on Squarespace, and that the topic has gone ignored for this long.

On 1/14/2023 at 5:07 PM, Jenns_Bowtique said:

I'm shocked it doesn't exist on Squarespace, and that the topic has gone ignored for this long.

To make a feature request, please contact Squarespace Customer Care using a support ticket. Squarespace employees don't routinely monitor this forum for feedback (see the guidelines - item 6).

Me: I'm Paul, a SQSP user for >18 yrs & Circle Leader since 2017. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: Founder of SF.DIGITAL. We provide high quality original extensions to supercharge your Squarespace website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to my own SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is completely free. You can thank me by selecting a feedback emoji. Buying a coffee is generous but optional.