Removing "Back" from mobile navigation menu

Go to solution Solved by paul2009,

Site URL: https://www.brubike.be/

Dear Forum,

Is there someone who could help me figure out how to remove the word "Back" in the mobile navigation menu of the Carmine template?

The HTML of the element is:

<a class="header-menu-controls-control header-menu-controls-control--active" data-action="back" href="/" tabindex="0">

<span class="chevron chevron--left"></span><span>Back</span>

</a>

My request is simply to remove the word "Back" from the <span></span> so that only the chevron (arrow) remains. See screenshots attached to illustrate. How do i write this in the custom CSS?

Thanks so much in advance for your help! 

🙂

Kind regards,

Celina

Screen Shot 2020-06-29 at 20.19.10.png

Screen Shot 2020-06-29 at 20.19.33.png

• Solution
2 hours ago, Celina said:

Is there someone who could help me figure out how to remove the word "Back" in the mobile navigation menu of the Carmine template?

Hi @Celina

Add this to Design > Custom CSS:

.header-menu-controls-control span:nth-of-type(2) {
  display: none;
}

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

• 3 months later...
15 minutes ago, jacobtdb said:

anyone with a code if i want to change the word "Back"  with another word ?

Code is different for each template/version. When you post a question, it will really help us if you include a working link to the page. If your site isn't live yet, we will only be able to view it if you set a site password and tell us what it is.

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

3 hours ago, jacobtdb said:

anyone with a code if i want to change the word "Back"  with another word ?

Try this [in Design > Custom CSS ]

.header-menu-controls-control span:nth-of-type(2) {
  visibility: hidden;
  font-size:0;
}
.header-menu-controls-control span:nth-of-type(2):after {
  visibility: visible;
  font-size:6.6vmin;
  content: "tilbage";
}

267687997_Screenshot2020-10-08at14_09_18.thumb.png.3cdef0fdf31ddb855b853e578b368b98.png

Edited by paul2009

On 10/8/2020 at 3:10 PM, paul2009 said:

Try this [in Design > Custom CSS ]

.header-menu-controls-control span:nth-of-type(2) {
  font-size:0;
}
.header-menu-controls-control span:nth-of-type(2):after {
  font-size:6.6vmin;
  content: "tilbage";
}

267687997_Screenshot2020-10-08at14_09_18.thumb.png.3cdef0fdf31ddb855b853e578b368b98.png

Great, thanks. The code is perfect.

• 1 year later...
On 12/15/2021 at 2:49 AM, BRands said:

Hi,

Is there someone who could help me figure out how to rename the word "Back" to "Terug" in the mobile navigation menu of the Brine template?

https://happydrops.nl/systeem

back.jpg

Add to Design > Custom CSS

/* Rename back */
span.Mobile-overlay-folder-item--toggle-label {
}
span.Mobile-overlay-folder-item--toggle-label:before {
    content: "new text";
}

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours. 
Or send to forum message

Contact Customer Care - Learn CSS - Buy me a coffee (thank you!)

• 1 year later...
On 3/8/2023 at 12:36 AM, kinglear said:

Hey,

is there a way to remove the chevron from the main menu in mobile - we'd like it that you don't see it on MUSIC but when you click on it it still opens the submenu.

Website is here - https://kinglear.co.uk/

Thanks in advance.

Jack

Screenshot 2023-03-07 at 17.36.03.png

Add to Design > Custom CSS

header#header span.chevron.chevron--right {
}

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours. 
Or send to forum message

Contact Customer Care - Learn CSS - Buy me a coffee (thank you!)

• 1 month later...