Squarespace 7.1: is there a way to duplicate portfolio collection?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I cannot believe this hasn't been updated in 2 years. Being able to duplicate and even hide certain projects within a portfolio has become critical for me, and It's bizarre that it isn't a feature outright. Considering how frequently this has been requested yet unchanged, I think it's time to start considering a move to Wix. 

On 5/8/2024 at 4:14 PM, MB19 said:

I cannot believe this hasn't been updated in 2 years. Being able to duplicate and even hide certain projects within a portfolio has become critical for me, and It's bizarre that it isn't a feature outright. Considering how frequently this has been requested yet unchanged, I think it's time to start considering a move to Wix. 

ABSOLUTELY -- Working on photographer website I have to literally redo and redo and redo.  Unless I favorite sections, but still have to go reformat those with all the same settings and what not.  Duplication would allow just drag and drop -- which would actually help users and help squarespace without as many server calls.  Just sayin!  Duplicate and edit is also important in A/B testing or prototyping.  So it's wild that you can't do this!  

49 minutes ago, ClintonLugert said:

Some good news. Finally. No thanks to SS.

This custom CSS code worked for hiding projects for me! 

is that master project searchable though?  would they be found in a search even though it's hidden?

• 3 weeks later...

Summer 2024 this still isn't working. I found a custom code that works but they've removed my ability to add code to the site. Looking for alternatives to Squarespace at this point if anyone has any recommendations? I just need the simple ability to hide projects as I work on them or archive them for a later time if needed without having to delete the entire thing. I don't forsee SS fixing this issue.