*Solved* How to change "Read More" text on blog excerpt

Go to solution Solved by tuanphan,

Hello! I'm in SS 7.1 and am trying to change the "READ MORE" text under the blog excerpt. I've already tried entering the following into the footer:

Y.all('.inline-read-more').setHTML('Listen Here');

and the following in Custom css:

.BlogList-item-readmore:before {
content: ‘Listen Here’;
}

But neither are working- they worked in 7.0 😕

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks 🙂

• Solution
23 minutes ago, sararankin said:
a.blog-more-link {
    visibility: hidden;
}
a.blog-more-link:before {
    content: "Tuan P";
    visibility: visible;
}
.blog-more-link:after {
}

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours. 
Or send to forum message

Contact Customer Care - Learn CSS - Buy me a coffee (thank you!)

• sararankin changed the title to *Solved* How to change "Read More" text on blog excerpt
  • 2 weeks later...
12 hours ago, BobInAustin said:

Heya @tuanphan

I did this for my archive because that's where Im wanting to change the Read More copy. That part worked (changing the copy) but I got a long link now and the whole thing is off center. See attached. Any help would be appreciated. 

Screen Shot 2020-02-23 at 12.10.46 PM.png

remove code you used, and add this to Code Injection Footer

<script src="https://cdnjs.cloudflare.com/ajax/libs/jquery/3.4.1/jquery.min.js"></script>
<script>
$('.blog-more-link:contains("Read More")').text('tuan phan'); 
</script>

Edited by tuanphan

Or send to forum message

• 3 months later...

Hey @tuanphan, I'm trying to change the read more text to Listen More on my blog page how and where do i do that.I tried using your code above and it didn't work.  If I already have CSS code on my custom page can I just put more below it and it will work? Below is a screen shot of the other custom CSS code I'm using to help make my font smaller. 

Screen Shot 2020-05-29 at 4.54.09 PM.png

10 minutes ago, Toya said:

Hey @tuanphan, I'm trying to change the read more text to Listen More on my blog page how and where do i do that.I tried using your code above and it didn't work.  If I already have CSS code on my custom page can I just put more below it and it will work? Below is a screen shot of the other custom CSS code I'm using to help make my font smaller. 

Screen Shot 2020-05-29 at 4.54.09 PM.png

above is script code, it should be inserted at Home > Settings > Advanced > Code Injection > Footer

If your site is personal plan, you need different code, in this case, if you share link to blog page, we can check carefully

Or send to forum message

• 1 month later...
On 2/24/2020 at 9:07 AM, tuanphan said:

remove code you used, and add this to Code Injection Footer

<script src="https://cdnjs.cloudflare.com/ajax/libs/jquery/3.4.1/jquery.min.js"></script>
<script>
$('.blog-more-link:contains("Read More")').text('tuan phan'); 
</script>

I have a summary block and had previously loaded the script into the footer, and the code works for my blog site. But it did not change "read more" for my summary block for the blog posts on the homepage of my website, any ideas how to change the same "read more" text in an summary block for blog posts? 

10 hours ago, Bijo_Iceland said:

I have a summary block and had previously loaded the script into the footer, and the code works for my blog site. But it did not change "read more" for my summary block for the blog posts on the homepage of my website, any ideas how to change the same "read more" text in an summary block for blog posts? 

summary block needs different code. Can you share link to page where you use summary block?

Or send to forum message

Hi Tuanphan, 

1. yeah, I can share the link - but it is in Icelandic - http://tstord.com - under the first section (1st part of the website) or in the second, in the projects (verkefni) part, you can see "Lestu meira/Read more" where I managed to inject "lestu meira" or read-more in Icelandic ahead of the english expression "Read more".  
  2. Secondly, in every "blog post" that use for project, there is the english expression of "written by" and I would also love to change this to an icelandic version.  This website is for an landscape architect and his clients are only Icelandic companies and individuals, so I want to have everything in Iceland.  

Let me know if I can do something for you!  I also own an Icelandic tour operator company and I guide people that come to Iceland. Feel free to ask me to assist if you want. 

kind regards, Bijo. 

15 hours ago, Bijo_Iceland said:

Hi Tuanphan, 

1. yeah, I can share the link - but it is in Icelandic - http://tstord.com - under the first section (1st part of the website) or in the second, in the projects (verkefni) part, you can see "Lestu meira/Read more" where I managed to inject "lestu meira" or read-more in Icelandic ahead of the english expression "Read more".  
  2. Secondly, in every "blog post" that use for project, there is the english expression of "written by" and I would also love to change this to an icelandic version.  This website is for an landscape architect and his clients are only Icelandic companies and individuals, so I want to have everything in Iceland.  

Let me know if I can do something for you!  I also own an Icelandic tour operator company and I guide people that come to Iceland. Feel free to ask me to assist if you want. 

kind regards, Bijo. 

Q1. Add to Code Injection Footer

<script src="https://cdnjs.cloudflare.com/ajax/libs/jquery/3.5.0/jquery.min.js"></script>
<script>
jQuery(function($){
    $("a.summary-read-more-link").html(function() { 
          return $(this).html().replace("Read More →", "tuanphan");  
    });
});
</script>

Q2. Can you share link to blog post?

Or send to forum message

Q2: I already solved that:  (Höfundur means Author) 

<script>
  (function(){
window.addEventListener('load', function(){
var writtenBy = document.querySelector('.blog-meta-item--author')
writtenBy.childNodes[0].textContent = writtenBy.childNodes[0].textContent.replace('Written By',"Höfundur:")
})
})();
</script>

Link: https://www.tstord.com/verkefnin/hegningarhus

Edited by Bijo_Iceland
1 minute ago, Bijo_Iceland said:

To Q1: Hi tuanphan txs truly for your reply!  Regarding your reply, there is still a forward slash in the answer (see attached pic) 

Edit your css

.sqs-gallery-meta-container .summary-read-more-link::before {
    content: 'Lesa meira/';
    nondisplay: block;
}

Or send to forum message

• 4 months later...
On 2/13/2020 at 2:56 PM, tuanphan said:

a.blog-more-link {
    visibility: hidden;
}
a.blog-more-link:before {
    content: "Tuan P";
}
.blog-more-link:after {
}

Hi @tuanphan I’ve added this code to my site, and it works. 

However to underline extends the excerpt copy. I’m just trying to style Read More in all caps.

Thanks for any help 🙂

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/23/2020 at 12:58 AM, CASKATE said:

Hi @tuanphan I’ve added this code to my site, and it works. 

However to underline extends the excerpt copy. I’m just trying to style Read More in all caps.

Thanks for any help 🙂

Hi. Do you still need help on this?

Or send to forum message

• 1 month later...