Invoicing Clients

Go to solution Solved by paul2009,

• 3 weeks later...
  • Solution

Original post, Jan 2020:

Squarespace websites don't have a manual invoicing feature yet.

Update August 2022: This feature was added to Squarespace Scheduling.

Update August 2023: Invoicing has been added to Squarespace. You can now send branded invoices to provide a seamless payment experience for your clients - if they are paying online. It’s not possible to mark an invoice as paid if clients pay separately.

Edited by paul2009
new features released

Me: I'm Paul, a SQSP user for >18 yrs & Circle Leader since 2017. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: Founder of SF.DIGITAL. We provide high quality original extensions to supercharge your Squarespace website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to my own SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is completely free. You can thank me by selecting a feedback emoji. Buying a coffee is generous but optional.

Would you like your customers to be able to mark their favourite products in your Squarespace store?

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Is Squarespace listening? There are a handful a common sense eCommerce features are missing here. E.g, create and send an invoice, change billing / shipping address. 

I contacted the the CS, I was told that the way to change addresses is to ask the customer to cancel then reorder with the correct address. This is absurd. You are asking the seller to loss the customer for such a simple thing to change. 

It appears SS does not listen to their customers. Please, someone must try to order something on a actual eCommerce site and see it for themshelves.

• 2 weeks later...

Agreed. We need the ability to invoice clients and an integrated shipping component.  I'm not sure why these two things aren't standard for squarespace as an e-commerce platform.  I switched over from Shopify (after 3 years) in March because I was frustrated designing my site on Shopify to Squarespace, which is fabulous for design, but lacking in every other area.  I'm kicking myself for paying for a year of Squarespace service after learning about these shortfalls.

• 2 months later...

Hey Guys!!!

This is nowhere near the kind of resolve that I was looking for, but "Stripe" the third-party company used to collect payments for items purchased in your store has the option to create invoices. It's a pretty annoying process that honestly is the same as just sending an invoice through any other third party, but if you want to do it so that accounts and Business Info automatically mirror what is happening with your store, you can use stripe. Just log in to your Stripe account and underneath "Customers" is an invoice option that you can use to create and send invoices. I just tested it. Creating and sending is simple. Pay is seamless for customers allowing them to pay by card, direct bank (routing/accounting number), or Apple Pay. Only downside is that the estimation is 7 days before I see the money in my account. 

Not all the solution I hoped for, but a compromise that might be slightly less annoying.

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/7/2020 at 7:42 PM, Jamar425 said:

Hey Guys!!!

This is nowhere near the kind of resolve that I was looking for, but "Stripe" the third-party company used to collect payments for items purchased in your store has the option to create invoices. It's a pretty annoying process that honestly is the same as just sending an invoice through any other third party, but if you want to do it so that accounts and Business Info automatically mirror what is happening with your store, you can use stripe. Just log in to your Stripe account and underneath "Customers" is an invoice option that you can use to create and send invoices. I just tested it. Creating and sending is simple. Pay is seamless for customers allowing them to pay by card, direct bank (routing/accounting number), or Apple Pay. Only downside is that the estimation is 7 days before I see the money in my account. 

Not all the solution I hoped for, but a compromise that might be slightly less annoying.

I'm assuming using this workaround also means that your Squarespace analytics (total sales, revenue, inventory, etc.), all don't get accounted for in Squarespace either?

• 4 weeks later...

I need this too! I contacted customer support and was told the following:

At this time it isn't possible to generate a payable invoice with our platform tools. However, as part of our efforts to continue to innovate and update our product, I will gladly pass this on to our Development team as a feature request. This is a popular feature request among merchants who use Squarespace. While we can't guarantee implementation, this is an important part of how we continue to improve our platform, so we appreciate your input.

eCommerce is changing, especially with Instagram Live sales. Being able to send customers a payable invoice would make life so much easier. I hope they release a solution soon!

• 3 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Is there no way to offer payment terms to customers? I sell food products where wholesale clients expect Net 15 or Net 30 terms. I’m shopping for a separate B2B sales platform since I’m unable to offer terms to the majority of our customers. 

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...