How do i redirect the logo link to my homepage instead of a cover page?

Go to solution Solved by paul2009,

hello! ive been desperately looking around for a solution on redirecting the logo on my site to the homepage rather than the cover page. I made the cover page my homepage but I want it to be a one time thing. i want to make sure that when you click on my logo it redirects you back to the home page, not cover page. ive tried many header/footer injections and it sill does not work. It either leads me to the cover page again or google.com for some reason. Any help would be greatly appreciated! 

im using the tremont template

i would post my website however it is unfinished. i could make it public for the sake of this form, but because it is unfinished i do not want other people outside this form to stumble upon it, if that makes sense. 

I've answered this question a dozen or so times. Here's one example here:

If this doesn't work for your template and/or configuration, please post a working link to the home page (not cover page) of the website. If the site isn't live, we need you to set a password in the visibility settings and tell us what it is. 

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

@paul2009 gladly. i have seen the solutions you have graciously given in other forums but it didnt work for me, unfortunately. i tried plugging in that code but to no avail. it keeps bringing me back to the cover page instead of the home page. im unsure if im plugging the url wrong. i try plugging in the full url to the page or just the url slug but nothing works. 

Edited by Sabrina10
forgot to link it to home
  • Solution

Before you start, please remove the incorrect code that you've added to both the HEADER and FOOTER boxes in Settings > Advanced > Code Injection as these will both cause errors.

Tremont family (v7.0)

As you mentioned, you are using the Endeavor Framework ("Tremont Family") so this code will work with all the templates in this family including Tremont itself, Camino, Carson, and Henson. 

The correct code to add to Settings > Developer Tools > Code Injection > FOOTER is:

<script>
  document.querySelector('.site-branding h1 a').setAttribute('href', '/home');
</script>

You can change the "/home" page reference to send users to a different page.

Brine family (v7.0)

For other users who are using one of the popular Brine-family templates, you'll want to use this instead:

<script>
  /* Desktop branding - redirect to another URL */
  document.querySelector('a.Header-branding').setAttribute('href', '/home');
   /* Mobile branding - redirect to another URL */
  document.querySelector('a.Mobile-bar-branding').setAttribute('href', '/home');  
</script>

Squarespace version 7.1 (all "templates")

And here's a version for anyone building a site on the newer Squarespace 7.1 templates:

<script>
  /* Desktop branding - redirect to another URL */
  document.querySelector('.header-display-desktop .header-title-logo a').setAttribute('href', '/home');
   /* Mobile branding - redirect to another URL */
  document.querySelector('.header-display-mobile .header-title-logo a').setAttribute('href', '/home');  
</script>

-Paul

Did this help? Please give feedback by clicking an icon below  ⬇️

Edited by paul2009
Added 7.1 option

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/28/2019 at 7:14 AM, paul2009 said:

Before you start, please remove the incorrect code that you've added to both the HEADER and FOOTER boxes in Settings > Advanced > Code Injection as these will both cause errors.

As you mentioned, you are using the Endeavor Framework ("Tremont Family") so this code will work with all the templates in this family including Tremont itself, Camino, Carson, and Henson. 

The correct code to add to Settings > Advanced > Code Injection > FOOTER is:

<script>
  document.querySelector('.site-branding h1 a').setAttribute('href', '/home');
</script>

You can change the "/home" page reference to send users to a different page.

-Paul

Is there a way to do this for Artesia layout?

https://www.vancollier.com/

Right now, it's just set to the regular homepage. But, I would like to add my Splash page as the homepage that you see when initially opening the site

4 hours ago, Loughlin said:

Is there a way to do this for Artesia layout?

https://www.vancollier.com/

Right now, it's just set to the regular homepage. But, I would like to add my Splash page as the homepage that you see when initially opening the site

replace 

.site-branding h1 a

with

.logo-image a

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours. 
Or send to forum message

Contact Customer Care - Learn CSS - Buy me a coffee (thank you!)

hi, I am currently stuck with the same old question, how can I redirect the title of the website the home page or a specific page instead of the cover page? 

I know the question has been asked and answered many times, I read everything and I tried copy-pasting suggested codes.. but it doesn't work and I am not sure what should be tweaked to make it work , so if someone could help me out with this one I would be thankful!

I'm pretty fresh in all the coding so without your help would not be able to fix it :) thanks in advance!

I'm using Wells template, Business plan.

www.vladimirshahinyan.com

Edited by shahinyan
6 hours ago, shahinyan said:

hi, I am currently stuck with the same old question, how can I redirect the title of the website the home page or a specific page instead of the cover page? 

I know the question has been asked and answered many times, I read everything and I tried copy-pasting suggested codes.. but it doesn't work and I am not sure what should be tweaked to make it work , so if someone could help me out with this one I would be thankful!

I'm pretty fresh in all the coding so without your help would not be able to fix it :) thanks in advance!

I'm using Wells template, Business plan.

www.vladimirshahinyan.com

Your cover page title is not a link, so can't use above code.

Or send to forum message

5 hours ago, shahinyan said:

thanks a lot tuaphan for your reply 🙂

I've replaced the site title with a test logo image to try out but it still doesn't work with the code mentioned above :|

maybe it doesn't work on Wells template or I need to alter the code somehow?

try changing again to title, and let me know, I will check again

Or send to forum message

• 5 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, peterbjerg said:

What to do (which code) for sites made in Squarespace 7.1? Code examples above do not work

<script>
  document.querySelector('#site-title').setAttribute('href', '/home');
</script>

Or send to forum message

7 minutes ago, peterbjerg said:

Yes the site is https://arena-2.squarespace.com, its pasword protected with: Arenasite

I presumes code should inject into footer, is that correct?

<script>
  document.querySelector('.header-title-logo a').setAttribute('href', '/home');
</script>

yes footer

Or send to forum message

• 2 months later...
On 4/30/2020 at 10:01 PM, StrawberryFrog said:

Here is the site:

https://www.strawberryfrogclient.com/

Thanks for your assistance!

<script>
  document.querySelector('.logo-image a').setAttribute('href', '/home');
</script>

Add to Code Injection Footer

Or send to forum message