How do i redirect the logo link to my homepage instead of a cover page?

Go to solution Solved by paul2009,

Unfortunately none of the above are working for me either. 

Password: antoine

The landing page brings me to my home page. once on the homepage, I want the logo image in the header to always bring me back to that initial '/home' page rather than the landing page. 

I am on square space 7.1

13 hours ago, dumastoine said:

Unfortunately none of the above are working for me either. 

Password: antoine

The landing page brings me to my home page. once on the homepage, I want the logo image in the header to always bring me back to that initial '/home' page rather than the landing page. 

I am on square space 7.1

Use this code

<script src="https://cdnjs.cloudflare.com/ajax/libs/jquery/3.5.0/jquery.min.js"></script>
<script>
$(document).ready(function() {
	$(".header-title-logo a").attr('href','/home');
});
</script>

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours. 
Or send to forum message

Contact Customer Care - Learn CSS - Buy me a coffee (thank you!)

• 9 months later...
On 5/7/2022 at 12:08 AM, alexaromano said:

Does anyone know the solution for this for mobile? This code worked for desktop but not mobile:

<script>
  document.querySelector('.header-title-logo a').setAttribute('href', '/home');
</script>

Try this code

<script>
  document.querySelector('.header-title a').setAttribute('href', '/home');
</script>

Or send to forum message

• 1 month later...

This is killing me!🤦🏼‍♂️ I have tried every variation of the code in this thread and nothing is working. I am working with the The Fulton Cycle Template. The site is https://shoreconsc.com and you first come to a landing page. From there you hit "residential" button. I need the logo to go back to the residential home page not the landing page. Any help would be awesome. We are rebuilding the site now but need this to work for the time being. Thanks! 

2 hours ago, Pixelfreez said:

This is killing me!🤦🏼‍♂️ I have tried every variation of the code in this thread and nothing is working. I am working with the The Fulton Cycle Template. The site is https://shoreconsc.com and you first come to a landing page. From there you hit "residential" button. I need the logo to go back to the residential home page not the landing page. Any help would be awesome. We are rebuilding the site now but need this to work for the time being. Thanks! 

Try this

<script>
  document.querySelector('#logoImage a').setAttribute('href', '/home');
</script>

Or send to forum message

• 4 months later...
On 11/24/2022 at 2:43 AM, ccarson90 said:

Can someone help me with this as well? I can't find a solution in this thread that works either. My site URL is www.get-recover.com.

Use this code

<script>
  document.querySelector('.header-title-logo a').setAttribute('href', '/home');
</script>

Or send to forum message

• 6 months later...
2 hours ago, heycody said:

Does anyone know the code that would work for Brine 7.0?

Please take a look at this post and let me know how you get on:

Did this help? Please give feedback by clicking an icon below  ⬇️

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

40 minutes ago, heycody said:

Unfortunately, that code did not work

I can't see the code on the site. If you removed it, please add it again so I can check it. As you mentioned, it needs to be in the FOOTER panel within Settings > Developer Tools > Code Injection.

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

1 minute ago, heycody said:

I just added it back again.

Are you testing it whilst logged on to your website (where it won't work 🙂) or whilst viewing your site as a visitor from a private browser window?

This is it working for me:

image.gif.8c384214cea9e933db08031ad90a03d3.gif

Did this help? Please give feedback by clicking an icon below  ⬇️

12 minutes ago, heycody said:

Just to check, this also works on mobile as well, right?

🙂 I've just added mobile to the original post above.

Edited by paul2009
Added URL

21 minutes ago, paul2009 said:

🙂 I've just added mobile to the original post above.

After you click the “Enter” button on the cover page, is there a way to get the website to open in the same window? It seems that the cover page/homepage stays in a separate window and the rest of the website opens in a second window?

On 12/28/2019 at 7:14 AM, paul2009 said:

Squarespace version 7.1 (all "templates")

And here's a version for anyone building a site on the newer Squarespace 7.1 templates:

<script>
  /* Desktop branding - redirect to another URL */
  document.querySelector('.header-display-desktop .header-title-logo a').setAttribute('href', '/home');
   /* Mobile branding - redirect to another URL */
  document.querySelector('.header-display-mobile .header-title-logo a').setAttribute('href', '/home');  
</script>

This 7.1 solution from @paul2009 worked perfectly for me on desktop but not on mobile.
Any suggestions appreciated! My site is www.kimberlyessex.com

On 6/20/2023 at 10:46 AM, kimkim said:

This 7.1 solution  worked perfectly for me on desktop but not on mobile.
Any suggestions appreciated! My site is www.kimberlyessex.com

See this https://forum.squarespace.com/topic/245894-linking-a-site-logo-in-the-header-link-to-an-external-website/?do=findComment&comment=639537

Or send to forum message

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Tomi360 said:

I've tried the lines of code but it does not seem to work for my template..

It works when I try it on your Squarespace 7.1 site. Have you used the 7.1 version from my post? I don't see the code in the Code Injection footer panel.

1 hour ago, paul2009 said:

It works when I try it on your Squarespace 7.1 site. Have you used the 7.1 version from my post? I don't see the code in the Code Injection footer panel.

I did - still the same result, I will put it in the footer so you can check in case I misspelled anything. I'm not a developer at all so code for me is like a completely new language 😕

13 hours ago, Tomi360 said:

I did - still the same result, I will put it in the footer so you can check in case I misspelled anything. I'm not a developer at all so code for me is like a completely new language 😕

I see it already works on my end. Can you check it again?

Or send to forum message