attempting to set unique background image for one page, CSS not working with SquareSpace

Go to solution Solved by colin.irwin,

This worked for me on Mentor (part of the Brine family)

#collection-599ddf2ef9a61e945ba20a96 .Main {
background-image: url("//static1.squarespace.com/static/598cdb67e3df282ea8b16720/t/599f370fcf81e02b63285958/1503606545633/sky.jpg")!important;
background-position: center center;
background-size: cover;
background-attachment: fixed;
background-repeat: repeat;
}

Edited by allisonstratton820
  • 6 months later...
  • 1 year later...
On 8/24/2017 at 11:34 PM, allisonstratton820 said:

Thanks this worked for me on the Margot Template.

This worked for me on Mentor (part of the Brine family)

#collection-599ddf2ef9a61e945ba20a96 .Main {
background-image: url("//static1.squarespace.com/static/598cdb67e3df282ea8b16720/t/599f370fcf81e02b63285958/1503606545633/sky.jpg")!important;
background-position: center center;
background-size: cover;
background-attachment: fixed;
background-repeat: repeat;
}

• 1 year later...

Re-viving this dormant thread in hopes of implementing a similar solution for a sitewide custom background image to display in index pages

@paul2009, your solution displays the image with the direct URL for the index page, but NOT in the index scroll (which alternates image banners + text only pages)

On 11/4/2021 at 5:57 AM, BureauSF said:

Re-viving this dormant thread in hopes of implementing a similar solution for a sitewide custom background image to display in index pages

@paul2009, your solution displays the image with the direct URL for the index page, but NOT in the index scroll (which alternates image banners + text only pages)

Do you still need help?

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours. 
Or send to forum message

Contact Customer Care - Learn CSS - Buy me a coffee (thank you!)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hello! I know this is an old thread, but I wanted to comment in hopes I can help someone else who's experiencing this issue...

I see a lot of other folks in this thread were having the same problem I did -- my custom background image code was working within the site editor, but not on the live site.

Coincidentally, I accidentally hit 'refresh' on my site editor. Immediately after, it had asked me to sign back in. Once I did, my code was gone and I was no longer on the page I was working on, but I knew my code from memory and navigated back. Plugged it all in again, and surprisingly, that made the edit show up on both the side editor and the live site!

Hope this can help someone! Such a weird coincidental fix.