Website not showing up in google search

Go to solution Solved by Sifat_SEOSpace,

My website is jobsandskillsstandards.org, if I search for it in google it doesn't show up nor does any of the keywords I use to search. What do I need to do? I thought by default I get SEO. 

Thanks in advance for the help.

S

It takes a long time for Google to find a new site. The quickest way they know about it is through visits and lots of hits.  My site has two domains, one is only a few days old and is now my primary domain, but it shows up on Google search because the site's original address is old with lots of hits. Put the word out to friends and family and have them visit your site, a lot. Increase the hit count. Having a link to it here helps as well. Posting http://jobsandskillsstandards.org  in the Feedback On Your Site forum may increase the number of hits.

Edited by derricksrandomviews
  • Solution

Hi @SKG0369

I can help you with your current situation. Below, I've provided some potential insights that might be helpful:

• It's common for newly published websites to take some time to appear in search queries. This delay is due to the indexing process that search engines like Google undertake.
  • First, submit your sitemap on Google Search Console so that Google can discover your pages efficiently. 
  • Use the URL Inspection Tool to perform live tests for all the URLs and submit indexing requests while doing the live tests. It will help refresh the data in the search results and index the pages.
  • You will find the full Squarespace SEO checklist here and If you prefer to receive personalized recommendations on your website, check out SEOSpace.

I hope these insights are helpful. If you have any further questions. Please feel free to ask.

Thank you,
Sadul Sifat

SEOSpace Team

SEOSpace - The SEO Plugin for Squarespace.

Get a Free Squarespace SEO Audit: https://www.seospace.co/squarespace-seo-audit-score

seospace-logo.png

On 6/22/2024 at 1:00 AM, SKG0369 said:

My website is jobsandskillsstandards.org, if I search for it in google it doesn't show up nor does any of the keywords I use to search. What do I need to do? I thought by default I get SEO. 

Hi @SKG0369 

"SEO by default" - Squarespace provides tools to allow you to set up SEO (titles and descriptions, meta descriptions etc) for your website. There is a list of things that can be done outside of Squarespace to optimise your website for search engines. That list depends on your needs, but I will share some basic steps.

• What keywords are you using to search in Google and failing to see results?
  • I can see that only your homepage is in Google's index. See screenshot.

What you can do:

1. Submit your sitemap to Google Search Console. Although you probably already have, as your homepage is indexed. You could wait and do nothing, Google will eventually index all the pages in your website if possible.
  2. Request Google to index your web pages individually. This way you tell Google all the pages that you want to be in Google, rather than wait for Google to crawl your sitemap. Note, this will still take time, although potentially faster than just submitting a sitemap.
  3. Once your pages are indexed, check that you have optimised your pages for your keywords. Potentially more work on this, depending on your answer to bullet number one.

Hope this helps.

image.thumb.png.d512d729532afcad90d346d794aaf375.png

-------- > 👆 <---------- Please quote or @ me when replying, or I won't get a notification 

Melody | Squarespace Nerd
e: melody@melodylee.tech

💻 💁‍♀️ 1-2-1 Squarespace Training session <- feeling stuck and want to learn?
👩‍💻 💁‍♀️ Website help <- send me your to-do list. From code to plugin to domain setup.
🧰 See the tools I use (contain affiliate links)
 Did I help? I like coffee (Thank you)