Create forms that take info AND payment

My client runs a school she would like her parents to be able to fill out a form to REGISTER their kids AND take PAYMENT for tuition on the same page. She IS NOT necessarily looking for a “storefront” or “cart” or anything, just the ability for parents to fill info into a basic form, and then enter payment info for tuition on the SAME PAGE. She has “SquareSpace” payments setup and the ability to create a form, and is willing to upgrade to whatever plan may allow her to do this but the only thing outside of using a “storefront” that I see related to payments is a “donate” block for a Premium plan but that’s still not what she wants. Any ideas?

• Replies 10
  • Views 968
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

16 hours ago, TwoTreeDesign said:

My client...would like her parents to be able to fill out a form to REGISTER their kids AND take PAYMENT for tuition on the same page.

On Squarespace Commerce, adding a product, completing a registration form and making payment are separate steps and cannot be completed on the same page. They'll need to click Add to Cart, complete and submit the Custom Product Form and then, when they've registered each attendee, go to the cart and then the checkout to make payment.

However, there are third party forms that can be embedded into a Squarespace page or used standalone. For example, Jotform offers a Stripe Registration Form (affiliate link) that takes the registration details and the payment on a single form, through Stripe. Of course these payments won't be tracked within Squarespace.

Did this help? Please give feedback by clicking an icon below  ⬇️

About me: I'm Paul, a SQSP user for over 18 yrs and a Circle Leader since 2017. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: Founder of SF.DIGITAL, providing high quality original extensions to supercharge your Squarespace website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to my own SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is completely free. You can thank me by selecting a feedback emoji below. Buying a coffee is optional.

Book paid help with domains: Connect a GoDaddy domain. Connect a Squarespace Domain. Domain assistance

Thanks for the info, after clarifying with my client she wants recurring monthly payments. She’s tired of having to track down payments so she just wants to collect the parents/kids info to register them to her school for the semester/year, and then have recurring payments auto drafted just like a utility bill or something. Is there anything within the SS store that allows for that or is that still a third party thing?

Yeah with the business plan, service products allow you to charge a recurring fee, and also create a custom form within the product/service to capture the registration info so that seems like that would cover the payment and info she is wanting. I’m going to get her to upgrade to the business plan and try a service product to test if it works. 

One more question - do you guys @creedon @paul2009 have experience with invoicing? It seems pretty easy to send an invoice to customers, but does it have the ability to send them monthly as a reminder for the customer/parents to pay tuition? Just trying to see any other options SS has available.

The invoicing solution is completely manual. There isn’t an option for subscriptions. 

Edited by paul2009

About me: I'm Paul, a SQSP user for over 18 yrs and a Circle Leader since 2017. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: Founder of SF.DIGITAL, providing high quality original extensions to supercharge your Squarespace website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to my own SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is completely free. You can thank me by selecting a feedback emoji below. Buying a coffee is optional.

Book paid help with domains: Connect a GoDaddy domain. Connect a Squarespace Domain. Domain assistance

I have a similar request from a client. They are running a sports summer camp from a Monday to Friday in July. They want to offer the ability to book a single day, combination of different days (for example Monday, Thursday, Friday) or a discounted price for all 5 days. I know how to create these variable however I also need to capture specific details about the child. If I do this at the Add to Cart Stage with a Custom Product Form they will have to keep entering their child's data if they are ordering different days for the same child. Ideally I would like to attach a form to the confirmation email but don't think that is possible?? 

Any suggestions would be  greatly appreciated !

Thanks for all the info @paul2009 @creedon I upgraded from Personal to Business and it gives me the option to add a form to the products for registration which is good, and it allows me to go through the process of selecting “subscription” under checkout for a “service product” HOWEVER… it doesn’t really let me do it, it just takes me to my billing info which I really don’t understand, I attached screenshots so you can see. Any ideas?

Store Subscription-0.png

Store Subscription-1.png

Store Subscription-2.png

Store Subscription-3.png

HOWEVER… it doesn’t really let me do it, it just takes me to my billing info which I really don’t understand, I attached screenshots so you can see. Any ideas?

I don't know what is happening. This is what I see when trying to add a subscription.

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as the best ( solution ), and see my profile. Thanks for your support! I am a Squarespace ( and other technological things ) consultant open for new projects.

hmmmm… very weird everything seems like it should just save like yours did, but it keeps saying “completing this action requires leaving the editor” no matter if I’m signed in as me or her or any number of things I change. I think I may reach out to SS directly and see if this is a glitch or something?