Is there any way to change the background colors of specific blocks in York template, 7.0?

Forgive my ignorance, I've been away from my website for about 5 years now. I'm updating my portfolio (it's the York template, squarespace 7.0) and I'm trying to see if there's a way to make the color of specific blocks a different color than the background of the whole website.

Having the ability to make the block background a full-bleed color, as well as potentially using an image background, would be huge for being able to update my portfolio but I don't know if it's possible.
I'm seeing a lot of tutorials say there's specific code that can be implemented but I genuinely don't know where to implement it or what to input.

Anyone who can point me to the right tutorial/help thread on their website would be greatly appreciated. I don't want to update to 7.1 so if there's a way to get this done in 7.0 I'd love to hear it.

my site is password protected, if anyone would like access for trouble shooting I can provide that.
Edited by chrisadams92
  • Replies 2
  • Views 437
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey @chrisadams92, without upgrading to 7.1 there will be limitations on whats achievable here. However if you can provide a link to your site and point out a couple of the blocks you'd like to target I can provide some CSS for you.

Squarespace Developer based in Hampshire, England

If you'd like to make a contribution for my time you can Buy Me A Coffee.