I have individually indexed all the items on my website and all those products/listings/items will come up in Google search results....however my ENTIRE website does not come up when searched. When I check the URL for the whole Website, it continually says it is NOT indexed. I request to have it indexed, it will accept it, but then it still won't come up on Google or in the URL inspection. I have the whole website as my home page.......but the only thing that will ever come in search results is the "shop/all" page, not just my Website........

Can somebody please help, I have tried everything and nothing seems to work.......I am a 3rd grade teacher, and not naturally techy, so feeling like it is something I must be missing.........it is limited my search ranking because it only come up if someone happens to search a particular product, or item and it still just connects them to that product, not my whole website............thank you so much!!!

• 3 weeks later...

Sometimes Google takes time to index sites, it can be due to several reasons like low quality content, or the content is not friendly for mobile and has many structural problems. Please look into these factors and make sure you're complying to these terms.

And also check technical aspects like Robots.txt and sitemap from your site. See if you're blocking the indexing.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi there.

I launched my site several weeks ago now, but my site is still not indexed on Google. It keeps coming up with this message:
Blocked due to unauthorized request 401

And even though I have really tried to figure it out myself and read all about it I have no clue what to do.
I really hope you can help.

Thank you!

Under the Google webmaster account, submit your sitemap and wait for the index. If Google not indexed your website urls then submit urls individually.

If not indexed, then your website has some issues related to code or duplicate content.

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/24/2024 at 1:33 AM, SEOSpace_Henry said:

Hey @ItsyBitsy - feel free to send your website over - I'll take a look and explain in a jargon-free way 👌

hey! I need your help also! My website is not shown on Google. It's been more than a year now, but none of the text is picked up by search engines, even unique last names are not picked up. 

I've tried to fix it manually, discovered that robots.txt has "disallow,"  but I'm not allowed to edit it. How do i change it to "allow"? Please help. 

Thank you!

image.thumb.png.063aa34285c0dc5d3753339992047915.png

Edited by Elena185
On 6/17/2024 at 7:29 PM, Elena185 said:

My website is not shown on Google. It's been more than a year now, but none of the text is picked up by search engines, even unique last names are not picked up. 

Hi @Elena185 can you elaborate on what you mean by "none of the text is picked up"? Are you doing a search with a specific text and not seeing your website?

Here is what I see when I put these search terms into Google:

• elena prozorova (result around 11th, down the page)
    • Your site title is "Ignor Franceschi", this contributes to the low ranking for the key word "Elena Prozorova".
  • igor franceschi (result around 3rd)
    • Expectantly this ranks higher, as your site title tell Google that this is a relevant website for this search.

You can optimise your website/page to appear higher in search ranking, but this depends what keywords you want to be ranked for.

1st screenshot

image.thumb.png.181ae447eba3e2be075954e3bf57bba2.png2nd screenshotimage.thumb.png.554626657bfa56eeac6e5606dbf5bb80.png

-------- > 👆 <---------- Please quote or @ me when replying, or I won't get a notification 

Melody | Squarespace Website Developer
e: melody@melodylee.tech

💻 💁‍♀️ 1-2-1 Squarespace Training session <- feeling stuck and want to learn?
👩‍💻 💁‍♀️ Website help <- send me your to-do list. From code to plugin to domain.
 Did I help? I like coffee (Thank you)
🧰 See the tools I use (contain affiliate links)