So tired of spacing inconsistencies in fluid engine!!!! Need help

In theory, fluid engine is great. There have been some enjoyable updates in 7.1. However, getting my website to look professional and consistent has been a nightmare. One of the greatest challenges I've faced (and so far been unable to overcome) has been the spacing at the end of text blocks. For every paragraph on my site, there is a different amount of space below each text block (see attached screenshots with spaces circled in red). I have tried for months to resolve this. The spacing doesn't look significant when you are in the editor, but believe me, once you are on the actual site it is a nightmare. The spacing is different on every device. Quite often it just looks like garbage. It literally looks like I've made spacing mistakes on every page of my site. If anyone has a clue as to how to remedy this, I would be forever indebted. I don't care if the space is teeny tiny or enormous, I just want the spacing to be consistent. Thanks for letting me rant.

Screenshot2024-01-26at18_54_32.png.6d1e81d6b1246db4df3f6f838538d58f.png

Screenshot2024-01-26at18_54_59.png.1a2ccb12e942aa7b1a55ad16c17e28f9.png

Screenshot2024-01-26at18_55_05.png.3d12f9e789d496de55d2d2ca175a4e3b.png

36 minutes ago, derricksrandomviews said:

Can't you just delete the line feeds in the text block?

My apologies. What do you mean by "line feeds"? There is no blank line below the final line of text where you see the spacing in the images. This spacing is being generated below the final line of text.

8 hours ago, dross said:

In theory, fluid engine is great. There have been some enjoyable updates in 7.1. However, getting my website to look professional and consistent has been a nightmare.

Fluid Engine can be great for innovative layouts for, but a classic layout like this, you are better off using a “Classic” section instead. All your text can then be placed in a single Text Box, giving consistency for all spacing, and your Image Boxes can be dragged into place. You’ll find “Classic” sections at the very bottom of the list when adding a new section.

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

On 2/25/2024 at 2:06 AM, paul2009 said:

Fluid Engine can be great for innovative layouts for, but a classic layout like this, you are better off using a “Classic” section instead. All your text can then be placed in a single Text Box, giving consistency for all spacing, and your Image Boxes can be dragged into place. You’ll find “Classic” sections at the very bottom of the list when adding a new section.

Thank you for your explanation. Going back and looking at my own screenshots I can see what's happening. I'm not sure why I didn't catch it, but thanks to your explanation I can see it now. Unfortunately, my website has over 100 pages and it is complete, so there's absolutely no chance that I'm going to go back and switch everything back to classic. Not to mention, I have zero faith that Squarespace won't get rid of classic at some point. It's a damn shame that this information wasn't presented ahead of time, or that Squarespace didn't highlight the pros and cons of using 7.0 and 7.1. Sorry for the rant, but it's frustrating knowing that this is just something I'm going to have to live with. Thank you again for providing the clarification though.

9 hours ago, derricksrandomviews said:

Paul is right. In my opinion, his explanation is a good reason why 7.1 doesn't have FE operating for Blog pages. 

Thanks. I can see why the problem exists now. Just wish Squarespace would have provided me with this information before I built my entire site on 7.1

• 2 weeks later...